website statistics

Summer Olympics Games 2020 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

21 minutes ago, bmo said:

Anna Korakaki (shooting) will be the flag bearer for :GRE

Greece is just giving her honor after honor this year :bowdown: She really does deserve the recognition though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 6 months later...

I know that it's now the least important thing about Olympics during pandemic but I wonder how or if at all Opening/Closing Ceremonies will held and how it will looks, without spectators/with limited number, with smaller artistic programm, there will be parade of athletes or just of flags like it is during YOG or at all anything?

What do think/feels?

• 2 months later...
On 08/09/2020 at 17:54, rybak said:

I know that it's now the least important thing about Olympics during pandemic but I wonder how or if at all Opening/Closing Ceremonies will held and how it will looks, without spectators/with limited number, with smaller artistic programm, there will be parade of athletes or just of flags like it is during YOG or at all anything?

What do think/feels?

Bit late, but no way will there be a normal, awesome Parade of Nations with large teams all entering the stadium. If there's Olympics at all, surely the whole bubble concept will be a major point and that's just not going to work with a ceremony like that :p 

So, sadly, I'm expecting single flags.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

There will be parade of athletes :cheer:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1100908/athletes-tokyo-2020-village-olympics

The number of officials attending the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics and Paralympics will be limited to six as part of coronavirus countermeasures which are set to be in place at the Games.

Coates said countries with smaller numbers of athletes will not be able to fill their delegation in the parade at the Ceremonies with officials, as has happened at previous Games.

Tokyo 2020 President Yoshirō Mori said organisers would "have to consider" the number of people involved in the parade, but said "no athlete can be deprived" of their right to participate in it.

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2020 at 16:33, bmo said:

Sorry but this is not true. Greece didn't select the flag bearer yet, though Anna is one of the top prospects for that position along with Stefanidi and Petrounias.

There are also some rumors about Tsitsipas and Antetokounmpo but I don't think they deserve it since they never played at the Olympics before and the others already won gold medals.