website statistics

Curling WCF Mixed Doubles World Championship 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

I just see the start list... the Swedish team is amazing, probabily they will win it without any big trubles, Hasselborg and Eriksson are two champions ;) 

It doesn't work this way. That you have a strong team in a classic version of curling doesn't mean you will be good in mixed doubles. It's totally different - either you aim the other way than the classic or you chase your own stone to sweep it. The tactics is also different.

Notable Results so far: Hungary won their first 2 games, Guyana won a game (they’re 1-1 currently), every Great Britain home nation won their first 2 games, lesser nations (Estonia, Czech Republic, Spain, Latvia) are undefeated so far, All the debuting teams are winless.  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

What's so notable about two wins by two-times world champions? ;)

The fact I didn’t know they were 2 time world champions

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 19/04/2019 at 23:02, Vojthas said:

It doesn't work this way. That you have a strong team in a classic version of curling doesn't mean you will be good in mixed doubles. It's totally different - either you aim the other way than the classic or you chase your own stone to sweep it. The tactics is also different.

No, for example Niklas Edin has had much problems when he had played the national mixed doubles. One medal in 3-4 tries I think. But Oskar and Anna had 4 national titels but this is the first international md championship. They won over two of the Swedish teams from the world cup in China and USA earlier this season (including myself?) to get here

Edited by Swewi