website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2019

Sindo

Finally I could watch something live thanks to a facebook livestream :d

Olympic champion Nijat Rahimov bombed out and the Korean Yu Dongju won the 89kg gold medal in his last CJ attempt. Ali Miri won the silver for Iran 1kg behind Yu. another Iranian Chatraei only won a silver in Snatch. I think our best chance for gold is 102kg and there are also chances in 109kg and +109kg. no chance for gold tomorrow with Tian Tao and Ilyin.

Ilyin only came out once in CJ, lifting 185kg and finishing 5th with 345kg. he is not going to qualify for the Olympics with such results but here he just wanted to have a result otherwise he had no chance for the Olympics.

Tian Tao tried the World Record of 231kg twice but failed. poor guy Fares El Bakh bombed out on 220/222 while even 15kg lower could give him the silver medal which went to Ayoub Mousavi of Iran. Korea won the bronze.

two World Records for Rim Jong-sim today in women's 76kg.

and Iran won the gold and silver in men's 102kg. but Beiralvand's result was 12kg lighter than Tian Tao at 96kg :facepalm:that wasn't surprising and actually nobody pushed Beiralvand for more , I still think this non-Olympic weights idea wasn't good at all for weightlifting. in this sport you can compare the result and the level is much much lower in non-Olympic weights. if IWF doesn't change the Standards, those WR's will remain unbeaten forever.