website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics UEG European Championships 2019

Totallympics

The fact that Paseka won the gold medal with the ugliest first vault I have seen in my life speaks a lot about how poor the state of women's artistic gymnastics in Europe is right now. I know it's all about difficulty with her, but her first vault is beyond ugly. It was pathetic. 

hace 5 minutos, thiago_simoes dijo:

The fact that Paseka won the gold medal with the ugliest first vault I have seen in my life speaks a lot about how poor the state of women's artistic gymnastics in Europe is right now. I know it's all about difficulty with her, but her first vault is beyond ugly. It was pathetic. 

It isn't the fault of Paseka or the judges that the other gymnasts do not take the risk of competing more difficult  vaults. Masha is a warrior, she almost died  during her operation. I think the fact that she's showing those very hard vaults is really cool. Yeah her Cheng is really ugly, In the last World Cups it was really bad too, she's really working so har for fixing her mistakes when she blocks the table vault, if she can land her vaults it's fair she shows them. 

Just now, RiSeGwangFan said:

It isn't the fault of Paseka or the judges that the other gymnasts do not take the risk of competing more difficult  vaults. Masha is a warrior, she almost died  during her operation. I think the fact that she's showing those very hard vaults is really cool. Yeah her Cheng is really ugly, In the last World Cups it was really bad too, she's really working so har for fixing her mistakes when she blocks the table vault, if she can land her vaults it's fair she shows them. 

There's a difference between "it's fair" and "she can get away with this vault only because she's Russian". With all due respect, when she vaults, I don't care about whether she almost died or not. She should be judged on what she presents, and what she did present was something pathetic that should never EVER have received 8.5 in execution. This is everything but fair.

hace 8 minutos, thiago_simoes dijo:

There's a difference between "it's fair" and "she can get away with this vault only because she's Russian". With all due respect, when she vaults, I don't care about whether she almost died or not. She should be judged on what she presents, and what she did present was something pathetic that should never EVER have received 8.5 in execution. This is everything but fair.

You're completely changing the meaning of my message.  If you think she won her gold medal just because she's Russian, perfect. I can't change your perspective I'm not even interested in changing it, I just talked about how impressive is she to me.  

Just now, RiSeGwangFan said:

You're completely changing the meaning of my message.  If you think she won her gold medal just because she's Russian, perfect. I can't change your perspective I'm not even interested in changing it, I just talked about how impressive is she to me.  

I got it. All I wanted to say is that I'm not emotionally invested in her story and she does not impress me, even though she goes for high difficulty when nobody else is really messing with huge D vaults. Even so, compared to what the other girls presented, Paseka's first vault should not have scored so high. My rant is more about how biased judges allow this to happen and how the code of points is so bad when it comes to scoring vaults that an atrocity like this could be seen as passable and everybody just kind of played along. Same thing with Chusovitina winning the European vault title in 2008 after counting a fall. Terrible. We should not allow things like this to happen.

hace 41 minutos, thiago_simoes dijo:

I got it. All I wanted to say is that I'm not emotionally invested in her story and she does not impress me, even though she goes for high difficulty when nobody else is really messing with huge D vaults. Even so, compared to what the other girls presented, Paseka's first vault should not have scored so high. My rant is more about how biased judges allow this to happen and how the code of points is so bad when it comes to scoring vaults that an atrocity like this could be seen as passable and everybody just kind of played along. Same thing with Chusovitina winning the European vault title in 2008 after counting a fall. Terrible. We should not allow things like this to happen.

I know it!  These things aren't new in artistic gymnastics.  the COP is really a disaster for years, the judges are human and make mistakes. That in the history of the sport has been present and while there aren't more strict parameters to judge the sport and specialized technology.  The sport is really quite subjective, humans should only judge the artistic part,  I think some motion sensors are more efficient for the whole technical aspect.

I really understand you in part, although I have always valued the risk factor much more, for example I loved watching Yamilet Peña  and I  confess that I supported her much more than Alexa Moreno when they were competing in EF, just for the fact of Produnova vault. 

I know that it shouldn't matter the story of the gymnast, but see someone from a nation with poor sports infrastructure, who really suffered  to attend the competitions, risking and presenting a very complicated  Vault, risking their own health. It is for me the most beautiful thing.... breaking barriers. That's why I'm always going to be supporting Yami or Paseka. Obviusly it's better to see someone like Rebeca Andrade with beautiful vaults (I think she'll get Silver medal in World Championships and  the Gold in PAN AM games). 

Edited by RiSeGwangFan