website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics UEG European Championships 2019

Totallympics

hace 10 minutos, Gianlu33 dijo:

Women's AA:

1. Melanie De Jesus Dos Santos :FRA 55.443

2. Elissa Downie :GBR 55.365

3. Angelina Melnikova :RUS 55.065

So sad for Gelya, she has a lot of difficulty, but she needs work  hard in VT, her DTY is really so mediocre(ugly), she did well in UB yesterday, but she is so inconsistent, On BB is the same thing..... she's so nervous....On  FX she has a world class routine, but poorly executed. I love Gelya but What happen with her???? I'm so angry/sad/hapy for her medal... I feel like  Valentina Rodionenko  :bones: :cry::water:

Congrats to Dos Santos(In the last European Championship she had the best AA score too)  :champion: and Ellie Downie who had a great competition after her foot injury..... :bowdown:

WAG Ukrainian team has a great day today.... Two girls in the top 8. 

The new Italian team is amazing. Alice D' Amato did excellent, the best new Senior in the AA... I read Georgia Villa had a fever when she was competing in the Qualifications, poor I hope she gets better.  She has the most beautiful routine in the Beam Final.. I'm praying for her...

Edited by RiSeGwangFan

To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed with the overall level of performance of the girls. Only three gymnasts fighting for medals in the all-around, and none of them scored even remotely close to what I expected. The top 3 all-around scores of the year are:

Simone Biles (USA) - 58.800 (Stuttgart World Cup)
Rebeca Andrade (BRA) - 56.932 (DTB Pokal)
Leanne Wong (USA) - 56.765 (American Cup)

Now, Melanie de Jesus dos Santos posted the best score for an European gymnast this year, 55.433, only 0.001 better than Melnikova at the DTB Pokal, but still more than one point behind Wong. And, surprise, Biles is nearly two points ahead of her best rival so far. She will be unbeatable this year once again. :nopompom:

Just now, dcro said:

How was that even a regular jump from Paseka? I don't care if she didn't fall, she was all over the place.

It was regular but it was payed too much from the jury... Technically their mistake have the same penality (or something of similar) than a fall.