website statistics

Women's Handball EHF European Championship 2020

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

I understand it is mostly a government decision and that the federation could do only so much. But still, it is a bad look for a country, that has a very good reputation in organizing big level sporting events, that they couldn't manage this situation. And it's not such a dire Covid situation in Norway like it is in other places. I am finding it hard to believe what the big issue is, other than the officials there not wanting to bother with all the logistics and measures. For a rich a$s country like them, setting up a bubble in 1 city, for 8 teams, should be a walk in the park...

I wonder, if it's going to be a same thing with the upcoming ski-jumping and cross-country events in December and what will happen to them?

Let's hope they can find another host. Germany, Netherlands, Poland could host with ease.

The nordic skiing sports scheduled in Lillehammer are already postponed until later date (it will not happen in this year for sure)

17 minutes ago, rybak said:

The nordic skiing sports scheduled in Lillehammer are already postponed until later date (it will not happen in this year for sure)

As if the situation will be better off later in the season.. At least they are showing consistency even for a top loved sport like skiing. 

Only five days to go before the beginning of the Euro Championships.

World champion Netherlands miss their star players Nycke Groot (retired) and Estavana Polman (injured). Best stand-in Delaila Amega is also injured. So nobody in The Netherlands expect a good result. Otherwise, in 2019 nobody expected the world title either. Hopefully they can surprise again. 

But to be honest, top 8 would be okay. Pool C is very heavy: Serbia and especially Hungary are very strong opponents. 

@VektorWhat do you think? Is the Hungarian team ready for the European title?