website statistics

Women's Handball EHF European Championship 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, CCB said:

Only five days to go before the beginning of the Euro Championships.

World champion Netherlands miss their star players Nycke Groot (retired) and Estavana Polman (injured). Best stand-in Delaila Amega is also injured. So nobody in The Netherlands expect a good result. Otherwise, in 2019 nobody expected the world title either. Hopefully they can surprise again. 

But to be honest, top 8 would be okay. Pool C is very heavy: Serbia and especially Hungary are very strong opponents. 

@VektorWhat do you think? Is the Hungarian team ready for the European title?

No idea, I didn't pay that close attention to Hungarian handball lately. All I know is that we won the friendly against Sweden yesterday. 

1 hour ago, CCB said:

Only five days to go before the beginning of the Euro Championships.

World champion Netherlands miss their star players Nycke Groot (retired) and Estavana Polman (injured). Best stand-in Delaila Amega is also injured. So nobody in The Netherlands expect a good result. Otherwise, in 2019 nobody expected the world title either. Hopefully they can surprise again. 

But to be honest, top 8 would be okay. Pool C is very heavy: Serbia and especially Hungary are very strong opponents. 

@VektorWhat do you think? Is the Hungarian team ready for the European title?

Do you know whether the Dutch matches will be broadcasted live somewhere? I assume NOS will only have summaries.

There was a great one hour Ziggo Sport documentary released this week on the world championship by the way!

35 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Do you know whether the Dutch matches will be broadcasted live somewhere? I assume NOS will only have summaries.

There was a great one hour Ziggo Sport documentary released this week on the world championship by the way!

not sure if it's gonna work in your Country (geo-blocking's always possible), but normally here's the place to watch all the Euro 2020 games for free...

https://ehftv.com/competitions/womens-ehf-euro

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

As far as I know, all Dutch matches will be broadcasted live at Ziggo Sport. The documentary was great indeed, brought back all the memories of last year's World title.

3 hours ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Crina Pintea is tested positive for COVID, she will miss this championship.:cry:

This is exactly why we shouldn't have these competitions when everyone is getting infected. The Hungarian basketball team was just ejected from its bubble a few days ago because we didn't have enough players left to play matches. I get why sport clubs are still playing national leagues during these times, but mixing players with NTs is just a ridiculous idea no matter how much they try to protect the teams, and it's going to create some bizarre results if EHF and all the teams won't get incredibly lucky in the next few weeks.