website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

• 1 year later...

So today I ran my first 5k in 36:47. :d

It's nothing nothing to write home about, nevertheless it's a decent prep for a local B2Race next month for which I have entered.

It's a team race, and there is no doubt that I will be one of the discard scores. :p But hey, maybe I'll get to pick a medal for somebody else's work, in a true business style! :lol:

#banbestmen

36 minutes ago, dcro said:

So today I ran my first 5k in 36:47. :d

It's nothing nothing to write home about, nevertheless it's a decent prep for a local B2Race next month for which I have entered.

It's a team race, and there is no doubt that I will be one of the discard scores. :p But hey, maybe I'll get to pick a medal for somebody else's work, in a true business style! :lol:

A first x km is always worth writing about :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Great stuff, @dcro!

I'm back on the half marathon plan. Have struggled a bit with injuries during the year but I'm at 16 km so far meaning that it's getting retty close.

I don't expect to get close to my PB from the first lockdown, but about 2 hours should be possible and just making it through a half marathon mass run will be great!

Completed my second 5k. 33:38.

I knew there was a lot of time left in the bag, as the last time I only aimed for a completion, but still I am pretty pleased with the time.

This is all on treadmill though. I have zero clue on how it translates outside. It will be a steep learning curve. :lol:

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Completed my second 5k. 33:38.

I knew there was a lot of time left in the bag, as the last time I only aimed for a completion, but still I am pretty pleased with the time.

This is all on treadmill though. I have zero clue on how it translates outside. It will be a steep learning curve. :lol:

Personally I'm much better outside. It's much easier for me to motivate me for the extra bit.

Personally I got to 18 km saturday making me feel sure that I can do the half marathon in just below 4 weeks as long as I stay healthy.

I'll do one more long run, a couple of mid-distance and a bunch of 5km-runs to get ready.

24 minutes ago, justony said:

Last Sunday finished my 3rd Wings For Life World Run in Ljubljana with a PB - 21.79 km. 🤗😆

Really wanted to participate in the local edition but sadly had other plans. No chance that I could beat my distance from 2020, but it could have been decent

• 3 weeks later...

The race was held today at scorching heat (31 degrees and mostly in a direct sunshine).

I completed the first half in around 15 minutes, however in the second half I felt unwell. Was held at ambulance for 10-15 minutes, considered quitting, but finally decided to walk home for a time of 54:40 (917th place out of 923 finishers).

Sadly, it didn't exactly turn out to be a great experience. :(

#banbestmen