website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

I stopped skating in late January, and have been pretty lazy since then. I’ve got a month until the Wings for Life World Run, and I’ve always wanted to have a go at that, so I’m gonna say fuck it and run for the month and see how well I can do. Ideally, I would have given myself a few more weeks of training, but I need just need to get active again, so we’ll see how this goes. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/04/2021 at 00:13, Olympian1010 said:

I stopped skating in late January, and have been pretty lazy since then. I’ve got a month until the Wings for Life World Run, and I’ve always wanted to have a go at that, so I’m gonna say fuck it and run for the month and see how well I can do. Ideally, I would have given myself a few more weeks of training, but I need just need to get active again, so we’ll see how this goes. 

How is this going?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

How far are you away from your nearest mountain?  :mumble:

There is a 70m hill nearby that we call a mountain in Dutch! I wish I was kidding:d

I think the proper term for my new bike is actually a cross country bike, but I'm not familiar with the jargon yet.

Personally my plans of the half marathon in a week are very uncertain. I have been fighting the last couple of weeks with some pretty sore legs. Gave it a test run today (11km) after a week without running. Felt much better than a week ago but I'll see in a few days whether I believe that it'll happen or if I'll wait.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

How is this going?

Ran for about a week, then it got too cold for my liking so I stopped for a few days, and then my lazy ass never got off the couch.

My current university semester ends in a week though, so I’m going to will myself back into some sort of activity for the summer.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela