website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

Sub-23 was not possible, I was close to it for much of the run, but it was just a tad too much - I managed to get it down to 23:04.3 with some all-out sprinting at the end which was absolutely the very last drop of energy I could squeeze out of my body today, after that I layed down on the sidewalk for a while (only one person asked me if I was alright, making me tell myself I'll definitely ask someone if I see them laying on the ground). Still, more than a minute faster than my now previous PB, which I am absolutely very proud of. The five kilometer splits are also enough for me to see this was really the limit, I just don't see any space for significant improvement in today's run (for the future there's a lot of course, but today this was it).

Dark red :p  In case the picture is too small because of Totallympics, here is the link.

cWYFKK4.png

In the end, I'm very satisfied with this allround event of the past one and a half week or so. The below table probably explains that well enough.

Distance Original goal Actual time Difference
500m 2:10 1:32.5 -0:38.5
3000m 14:30 13:12.5 -1:17.5
1500m 7:00 5:40.5 -1:19.5
5000m 25:00 23:04.3 -1:55.7
Total (10km) 48:40 43:28.8 -5:11.2

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

You would be able to defeat Mo Farah on 400 m with that kind of form. :evil:  :yikes:

:lol: 

I'm fine with being able to annihilate another (potential) Olympian in distances up to around 500m :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

You didn't write us your all-around score (and ranking). :p

476.51 points, using the same system as in speed skating. Four of the sixteen likely finishers* have finished so far, everyone has until and including Friday to complete the 5k :p I was 7th after three distances and managed to keep the guy in 8th behind me (sub-24 was needed for that), so 7th it is - there's not really space to look upwards, considering the guy in front of me already had a faster 3k.

*one DNF in the 1500m, one in the 3k

• 1 month later...

After almost four months I finally got some swimming done here in my political asylum. :BEL.  Can’t tell you how much though, was one of those strange hotel pools.  I am generously guessing 10m, so that was 1km.  Actually probably only 635m.  :banana:

Now to celebrate met trappistenbier ?  & frietjes!  ? 

• 1 month later...
On 04/05/2020 at 16:16, heywoodu said:

My PB was 53:15, no idea how I did that in October 2018 (which is barely a few weeks after I was first even able to run 10km), probably being 6-7kg lighter helped. I did my run this morning, going for 5:30 average (55 minutes), but in the end every single kilometer was under 5:20, and a good number was under 5:10 :yikes: 

Reveal hidden contents

Went for an easy 7.5k today, but since I had registered for the 10km at the virtual Ushuaia Loppet (cross-country marathon in Argentina, which is cancelled but now has a virtual race for 5/10/21/42km where one can choose running, skiing or rollerskiing) and this is the last week, I decided to go for my goal of 55 minutes and see where it ended up, mostly so I could cross it through and be done with it :p 

5:14
5:07
5:05
5:06
5:09
5:03
5:22*
5:20
5:12
4:48

Bringing my total to 51:23 and a new PB :woohoo: 

*Significantly dying and slowing down from there, luckily @brunamoura was cycling with me and basically pulling me (mentally speaking) towards the 10k :cheer: 

On 24/08/2020 at 23:16, heywoodu said:

Went for an easy 7.5k today, but since I had registered for the 10km at the virtual Ushuaia Loppet (cross-country marathon in Argentina, which is cancelled but now has a virtual race for 5/10/21/42km where one can choose running, skiing or rollerskiing) and this is the last week, I decided to go for my goal of 55 minutes and see where it ended up, mostly so I could cross it through and be done with it :p 

5:14
5:07
5:05
5:06
5:09
5:03
5:22*
5:20
5:12
4:48

Bringing my total to 51:23 and a new PB :woohoo: 

*Significantly dying and slowing down from there, luckily @brunamoura was cycling with me and basically pulling me (mentally speaking) towards the 10k :cheer: 

I am proud of you! (I always am ?)

Rollerski marathon for @brunamoura:bowdown:

uBfwI1H.png

• 7 months later...

After about half a year with only a few runs (had a hard time getting motivated for it after work), I got going again in december. March had just above 100km of running and I'm getting to the 15km runs now.

I'm seeing the half marathon shape in a near future planning to start in The Wings for Life World Run again this year, hoping to beat my 19.1 km from last year, making a half marathon the target (would mean cutting a few seconds per km from my PB). A month later I'm set for my first official half if the government allows (sadly I doubt it)