website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

Well, 1500m, here we go. Time to put that 'Dying with a capital D' to the test. I am so badly not looking forward to this :lol: 

Ok: Under 6:30

Very satisfied: Under 6:15

Partying: Under 6:00

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, 1500m, here we go. Time to put that 'Dying with a capital D' to the test. I am so badly not looking forward to this :lol: 

I don't quite get this. You did complete a half-marathon. :p

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You 'll  have no problem going under 6.15 and from what i see you have good chances to go under 6.00

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I don't quite get this. You did complete a half-marathon. :p

Completing a half marathon is hard and tiring and an attack on your overall body, but it's nothing compared to shorter distances in terms of pure intensity...you use totally different systems of muscles and energy :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Seamus, where are you? :toast:

Meanwhile tomorrow is half marathon time here.

Just below 4000 are registered for either the full distance or "run with me" (11km) with me as no. 89.

As I wanted to make a bit more of a thing out of it, the route will be crossing a bit more roads than last time meaning that I may have a few stops due to traffic (as I want to go down to the Stadium that was supposed to be part of the route) while the last 5 km will be similar to the 5km lap that I ran 2 weeks ago.

It will be slightly warm meaning that I really have to think about the hydration but otherwise I feel very ready.

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Meanwhile tomorrow is half marathon time here.

Just below 4000 are registered for either the full distance or "run with me" (11km) with me as no. 89.

As I wanted to make a bit more of a thing out of it, the route will be crossing a bit more roads than last time meaning that I may have a few stops due to traffic (as I want to go down to the Stadium that was supposed to be part of the route) while the last 5 km will be similar to the 5km lap that I ran 2 weeks ago.

It will be slightly warm meaning that I really have to think about the hydration but otherwise I feel very ready.

Do you have a Camelbak or some other option to keep drinking? Good luck! :cheer: 

Y’all should come train with me in the 100F dry heat. You don’t need a Camelback when you just become the camel :p

Hydration is honestly of the easiest things to forget and overlook before/during a big run, so just remember to plan ahead @Agger. I hope you run a fast race :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Do you have a Camelbak or some other option to keep drinking? Good luck! :cheer: 

I have a running belt with 2 bottles and am considering running with a third one in my hand that I can throw away when I'm done with it.