website statistics

Totallympics Records and Statistics

OlympicIRL

Since the Games are officially over, i thought  i could do a quick check on the activity here, like i did for Tokyo in the summer. Have compared the replies for each sport with the 2018 Games, with the notion of course, that the current threads can see some additional comments, but nothing drastic after today, since people will move on. In general there is a slight decrease, with luge and biathlon taking the biggest hits. 

image.png

Some of the biathlon races were more predictable aka boring in 2022 and of course our Dutch friend wasn't posting as much due to known circumstances.

Freestyle skiing was hardly a highlight either, the in-breeding in some events makes people ignore the action and I believe slopestyle & half-pipe just doesn't really do much with the same nations taking medals over & over again.

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Since the Games are officially over, i thought  i could do a quick check on the activity here, like i did for Tokyo in the summer. Have compared the replies for each sport with the 2018 Games, with the notion of course, that the current threads can see some additional comments, but nothing drastic after today, since people will move on. In general there is a slight decrease, with luge and biathlon taking the biggest hits. 

image.png

I’m guessing more people took time off over the summer.  

Only natural that the interest in the olympic has decreased. IOC did their best to achieve that. I would be surprised if there wouldn't be a turnaround for 2024. The competition times will be much better for european times + the host is not controversial + fans will probably be back.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 3 months later...