website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling UCI World Cup 2019

Totallympics

Let's go Rissveds! 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Rissveds!! :woohoo:

One of my favorite wins in any sport in recent times :hyper:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

"Two years ago I didn't even want to be alive." 

Wow. That kinda hit me.

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, phelps said:

Rissveds' success is my highlight of the day, especially knowing her recent troubles...:hatoff:

@Olympian1010 this could be a really inspiring story to be narrated on Totallympics Media...;)

And to be shared with every athlete and non-athlete with severe mental issues.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I think the legs of Avancini and Schurter are already burning right now just by thinking about it swhip.gif

as expected...MVDP just destroyed al of his opponents...mentally even before than physically...

the only one who could at least try to save his name was Schurter...all the others, just gave up the fight before it really started...

3 hours ago, phelps said:

Rissveds' success is my highlight of the day, especially knowing her recent troubles...:hatoff:

@Olympian1010 this could be a really inspiring story to be narrated on Totallympics Media...;)

I do not know her story unfortunately :( 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I do not know her story unfortunately :( 

the short version:

Jenny was a young champion, who in 2016 already won it all (including the Rio Olympics), but then her life, instead of going downhill, started to climb...

she had to face heavy depression and for quite a while she left cycling and battled her disease...

then this year she came back to cycling (initially, with pretty average results) and in a few months she did even get back to full success (it happened earlier today, even if she was already 3rd last week) on the world stage...

the longer version:

start from here

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/02/olympic-mtb-champ-jenny-rissveds-ends-contract-address-mental-health/

and here

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/olympic-champion-jenny-rissveds-and-scott-sram-agreed-to-part-ways-2018.html

then the renaissance

https://www.brujulabike.com/jenny-rissveds-specialized-team-31/

and the happy ending

https://www.dirtyheart.co.za/single-post/2019/07/08/Inspired-By-Jenny-Rissveds