website statistics

Olympic Games Recreations and Other Olympic Themed Events

Olympian1010

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

Do you need a commentator?

So yes/no. Obviously that’s a problem a bit down the line. The main thing is how a broadcast the games. I use an app on my to broadcast the games. The way I do it however is a bit unorthodox.

First, I record the raw footage of events. Then I use mostly iMovie (because I took a class on basic film and motion picture making and learned to use iMovie) to edit the the complete event replay/broadcast. I then then send that video to the app. In the app I broadcast the video and overlay the graphics. It’s broadcast to YouTube in live time or uploaded, but not shown until a certain time (So I could have a broadcast schedule for the games).

So the commentary is the piece missing. For now, I’d say yes. If my idea ever makes it to that point where commentary is needed, we can work out the specifics then.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, I said before. I’d really love to feature Totallympians in my “mock” games. I could use help with the visual look (posters, logo, graphics ideas, pictograms, etc.) , and some of the more challenging bits like coming up with the qualification criteria.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Also, I said before. I’d really love to feature Totallympians in my “mock” games. I could use help with the visual look (posters, logo, graphics ideas, pictograms, etc.) , and some of the more challenging bits like coming up with the qualification criteria.

Qualification criteria - that's something for me too. :) I won't help much with graphics, but maybe something with the results...

31 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Qualification criteria - that's something for me too. :) I won't help much with graphics, but maybe something with the results...

I’ll PM you in Discord tomorrow, so we can start that process and brainstorm. I’m still working on many of the venues too, so it will be a bit before I know for certain wether or not I can pull this off.

What’s better? 
A venue that looks realistic, or a venue with a super awesome playing field, but that looks comically unrealistic?

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What’s better? 
A venue that looks realistic, or a venue with a super awesome playing field, but that looks comically unrealistic?

I'll see realistic venues in the real events, so the second option.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What’s better? 

You mean the Pringles-style London velodrome? I'm in. :) Or maybe something Hundertwasser-style.

I’m going to cancel the YOG and focus on a Summer Olympics type event. It will take place in June-Early July to act as both a hype event, and to get me through that odd time of little international sports action. I’d would still love to feature anyone’s talents just like I said before.

It ultimately came down to not be able to have a good Winter YOG recreation in the amount of time I had. Some venues weren’t ready, I couldn’t find suitable mountains for the alpine events, and I wasn’t confident in the time constraints. I think the Summer Games will be much better anyways.

So after a long afternoon I’ve gotten a preliminary sports program for the games. However, there are currently 73 events on the program, and I want 75. So I pose this question, what sports (not in Olympics) should I attempt to add to the games?

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

So after a long afternoon I’ve gotten a preliminary sports program for the games. However, there are currently 73 events on the program, and I want 75. So I pose this question, what sports (not in Olympics) should I attempt to add to the games?

Kinball.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!