website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Here, if anyone wants to watch another royal-alike parade. :p

Reminds me of 2010, where the Dutch team lost the final and then got a parade through Amsterdam's canals....like the team that won Euro 1988 :p That caused quite some critical voices to emerge :d 

In my opinion they should have done it in the way Croatia is being welcomed back, much better :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Quality-wise a really poor tournament with almost all big teams (except for France) flopping. In major leagues there are just too many games, it's probably no coincidence that the 2nd youngest team won. Let's hope that players will be less exhausted in 2022. France was the best team and deserved the title, they will only get better and will be the team to beat in the future. For me it's still weird to see so many players with a foreign background in their team, i would imagine it's hard to identify with this team for many white people in France. I know that France has a lot of people with a foreign background, but not clearly over 50% as in their football team. Mbappe of course was the best young player and Courtois was the best goalkeeper. Hard to tell who was the best player, noone really stood out.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

"Our team is world champion, let's break stuff and throw in store windows."

Surprise :p

I expected nothing less from the french people, they are world famous for behavior like that. Probably will find a reason to make this day a national holiday, so that they can work even less.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.