website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Our nothernernmost and largest island. :p

Cool :d 

@hckosice You coming? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

what a day, pitty for Spain. Being weaker than they should be they still were better than Russia, it`d be a better 1/4 but respect for host, they hold on

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

vor 14 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Yep. Modric had a good one and one Danish guy had one, but that's it I think.  Why is it so hard for players at this level to simply run and kick the ball? What's with all that idiotic stuff like nearly stopping halfway?

1) How was Modric's penalty a good one? Just because he made it? It was right in the middle and Schmeichel almost safed it with his feet. In my opinion only the penalty of Kjaer and maybe that of Rakitic were great.

2) How is it idiotic to nearly stop halfway? If you do it right, you are dramatically increasing your chances to score a goal. If a goalkeeper doesn't move into one corner before you shoot and your shot goes in one corner, then he has no chance to safe it. By hesitating, you might force the goalkeeper to move into one corner earlier then he normally would, because he can't predict when you will hit the ball (which wouldn't be the case if you wouldn't hesitate), so you will have more time to pick one corner, because you are still further away from the ball then you would normally be -> more time to pick a corner = better precision.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool :d 

@hckosice You coming? 

Not this year I´m afraid :( but CRO sea is definitely one of my life goals :d you know, CRO is like Slovaks Mecca, you must go there at least once in your life, otherwise you are not a real Slovak :p

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Not this year I´m afraid :( but CRO sea is definitely one of my life goals :d you know, CRO is like Slovaks Mecca, you must go there at least once in your life, otherwise you are not a real Slovak :p

Right, anywhere else then, Totallympics can't stay without a true international meet for so many years :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, so? Just because i would have done the same, it doesn't make it right.

Sure, from a sportsmanship point of view, it's not right (but then again, Zanka isn't really great at that), but it's part of the game. But if that's the main reason to be happy about Denmark eliminated, good for you