website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

17 minut temu, De_Gambassi napisał:

What an incredible positive song.

yep - this is the result of our history. Our first anthem "Bogurodzica" hmmmm "God`s Parent" (Mother in fact) was kind of religious but triumphant ("powerful / positive") song.

Today`s anthem was written in 1797 after we lost our statehood in 1795. I don`t like it (words), music is ok. Words are very dramatic, sad and "losing" - kind of

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

3 hours ago, Pavlo said:

do you mean our anthem ("Poland didn`t fail/die yet")? Or supporter`s song "Polska nic się nie stało" = "Poland...nth has really happened"? "death" in our anthem is rahter symbolic - it`s like "Poland hasn`t ended yet" or sth like "it`s not over for Poland"

I meant your anthem, I was just joking because "it's not over for Poland" is quite funny when you were already out

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

No matches today. I feel like an addict desperately trying to get his fix but having to wait until tomorrow :mad:

The top two in Ireland are playing each other in Cork City vs Dundalk

Or how about the UEFA Champions League preliminary round final between Lincoln Red Imps and Drita in Gibraltar

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

1 hora atrás, bestmen disse:

in 2014 all the leaders of the 1rst round won their 1/8

this time i doubt on URU ,SWE ,COL

Well I prefer portugal to win obviously, but if we’re gonna loose, better to do it now, I prefer to loose against Uruguay than against Argentina or France, they’re too strong for our current team exhibitions haha

59 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

The top two in Ireland are playing each other in Cork City vs Dundalk

Or how about the UEFA Champions League preliminary round final between Lincoln Red Imps and Drita in Gibraltar

We're in the World Cup thread, so I meant the World Cup, of course :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

some statistics 

9 own goals till now

total of own goals  in WC2006+2010+2014 = 10 

24 penalty awared till now

world cup 2014  13 penalty

World cup 2010 15 penalty

World cup 2006  17 penalty

(whole tournament)

24 goal in last 5 minutes or additional times

21 goal in world cup 2014

16 goal in world cup 2010

20 goal in world cup 2006

(whole tournament)

-Germany out in first round for first time since 1938

-African teams  out in first round for first time since 1982

i think this edition is more exciting 

Edited by amen09

Il 28/6/2018 Alle 17:32, dcro ha scritto:

Well, an user posting somewhat detailed character assesments despite having only 8 posts here. :p

Dear Dcro,

if your message is aimed to me,it's not well aimed; don't be mislead by the "newbie" title, as I am a subscriber since 2014 and ever since I have been almost daily reading many of the comments of you frequent posters; so, implying that the tiny number of active posts must be connected to the lack of knowledge of human habits of a 57 years old person, is at least imprudent; if, instead, I'm not the target of your irony, then sorry and ... "hvala" for your time (hoping that the Bakar bay is still wonderful as in the seventies when I was spending my holidays between Rovinj, Zadar, Biograd na Moru and Filip Jakov !) and Dobra Vecer. Fabio Majocchi

Il 28/6/2018 Alle 16:42, heywoodu ha scritto:

Most of my statements are "I think this", "I find this" and "I saw this". There's really not much to prove about one's own opinion :d 

Well, I don't have the time to carefully check but I remember some of your sarcastic opinions (against Schwazer, for instance, who is a close friend of mine); I'm really not sure that, within a discussion group, you must not prove your opinion, above all if it's against somebody; really not sure at all (maybe within a tiny group of close friends but not here).