website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Group E

Brazil - Switzerland 1:1 (1:0)   

Goals: 20. Coutinho 1:0 - 50. Zuber 1:1

Yellow Cards:  Casemiro - Lichtsteiner, Schär, Behrami.

Officials:  Ramos Palazuelos - Torrentera, M. Hernández (all MEX), 43.109 attendance

Brazil: Alisson - Danilo, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Marcelo - Casemiro (60. Fernandinho), Coutinho, Paulinho (67. Renato Augusto) - Willian, Gabriel Jesus (79. Firmino), Neymar

Switzerland: Sommer - Lichtsteiner (87. Lang), Schär, Akanji, R. Rodríguez - Shaqiri, Behrami (71. Zakaria), Xhaka, Zuber - Džemaili - Seferović (80. Embolo)

vor 6 Stunden schrieb konig:

WOW, why i dont have money being young to travel to East Europe and knowed their womens :(

#firstworldproblems ...

So what exactly is the problem? Too old, too poor or both? :p

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb dcro:

Well, it's easy to score goals against Brazil...

He only scored one goal against them in 2014 and none in 2010 ... ?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb thepharoah:

Excellent 1st half by Mexico , they were by far the better side , Germany is really weak defensively and again i can't see why Sane wasn't brought here , at tge end i think it's really hard for Mexican players to kerp their momentum in 2nd half so i think Germany will be back soon to the game

And again ... you don't seem to know what kind of player sane is. Sane needs a lot of space (which Germany didn't have today) and loses a lot of balls (which broke germany's neck today), he wouldn't have helped this team at all today. The real problems are:

- Players clearly didnt have the right attitude

- If you cant produce decent full-backs, you should play with a back three (Rüdiger, Boateng, Hummels)

Germany beat this mexican team 4:1 last year with its B team, the difference is that those guys were really motivated. I thought that Germany would reach the semifinal and then lose to Spain, but now i am not sure whether Germany will even get out of the group. I think Germany needs to rebuild for 2020 with young players, something like this:

Ter Stegen, Tah, Süle, Rüdiger, Kimmich, Goretzka, Weigel, Sane, Gnabry, Havertz, Werner and then in 2022 Moukoko will be old enough to play, so everything will be good, german fans just need a bit of patience.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb mrv86:

And Mexico wins against Germany :d:clap:

First upset of th world cup...

Thanks @OlympicIRL for sending Seamus to El Tri!

Argentinian fans won't like to hear that ...

Congrats, i know how bad the situation for many people in Mexico is and i know how passionate mexican fans are, you deserved this. Now you just need to secure the first place, because against Switzerland/Serbia you would have a realistic chance to finally reach the quarterfinal, while i don't see you beating Brazil.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb thepharoah:

looking back to Germany's last 4 openning matches at WC we can see that Mexico did a real miracle today , btw this's the 1st time that Germany loses an opening game at WC since 82 when they lost to Algeria

In 1982 Germany still reached the final, i would take that here too.

I’ve decided Saudi Arabia deserved to lose 5-0, since they’ve decided to pirate the live feed of the WorldCup, honestly hoped they get demolished in their next games too. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

And again ... you don't seem to know what kind of player sane is. Sane needs a lot of space (which Germany didn't have today) and loses a lot of balls (which broke germany's neck today), he wouldn't have helped this team at all today. The real problems are:

- Players clearly didnt have the right attitude

- If you cant produce decent full-backs, you should play with a back three (Rüdiger, Boateng, Hummels)

Germany beat this mexican team 4:1 last year with its B team, the difference is that those guys were really motivated. I thought that Germany would reach the semifinal and then lose to Spain, but now i am not sure whether Germany will even get out of the group. I think Germany needs to rebuild for 2020 with young players, something like this:

Ter Stegen, Tah, Süle, Rüdiger, Kimmich, Goretzka, Weigel, Sane, Gnabry, Havertz, Werner and then in 2022 Moukoko will be old enough to play, so everything will be good, german fans just need a bit of patience.

Well if we supposed that Sane only plays good under a lot of space then he could have been useful in 1st half with Mexico going with many players on counter attacks there gave been enough pace for him rather than having this slowly draxler , 1st of all if Germany wants to change things for better they must sack low first , he's done every thing he can with this team and the team needs new blood , this step should have taken just after Euro 2016 , at the end it's just the start but i'm not really optimistic about how far this team would go and Sweden isn't any how an easy opponent