website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

Iran picked up its first defeat in 2.5 years and after just one defeat everybody wants our Croat coach to be fired :lol:

he took over when we were in deep shit after losing to Bahrain and Iraq in the 1st round (thanks to charlatan Wilmots). before this Korea defeat his record with NT in 15 matches was 14 win and 1 draw (which is great by any standards) still nobody gives him credit for these results. the credit always goes to the players.

yep that Korea match was disastrous and Iran was completely hopeless but half of our key players were missing for different reasons (COVID mostly)

but it's amazing how people care more about the names more than results:facepalm: our current coach Skocic used to coach a club in Iran division 2 and that's why everybody still making fun of him. everybody says "someone who coached in Div 2 should never coach the NT"

so it's highly possible that Iran fires the coach after tomorrow match vs Lebanon and start looking for a "big name" someone terrible like Benitez or Klinsmann

of course our federation is a mess with no president in charge, you can't predict anything with them. we might end up having a local coach :facepalm:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Iran picked up its first defeat in 2.5 years and after just one defeat everybody wants our Croat coach to be fired :lol:

That's a bit of a shame, depending on how the next two days go, Iran could be in Pot 2 and depending on the draw, could have their best chance ever at reaching the elimination round.

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That's a bit of a shame, depending on how the next two days go, Iran could be in Pot 2 and depending on the draw, could have their best chance ever at reaching the elimination round.

in past couple of months all media here were calculating and considering all situations to see how we can be in Pot 2 :d (which will be a huge advantage in the draw) but losing to Korea killed that chance completely. even though it was a slim chance from the beginning. no way Iran could be in pot 2, if Portugal or Sweden quality.

we have some kind of obsession about advancing to the knockout round but I don't think that can happen this time too. we were very close in 2018 though.

24 minutes ago, MHSN said:

in past couple of months all media here were calculating and considering all situations to see how we can be in Pot 2 :d (which will be a huge advantage in the draw) but losing to Korea killed that chance completely. even though it was a slim chance from the beginning. no way Iran could be in pot 2, if Portugal or Sweden quality.

we have some kind of obsession about advancing to the knockout round but I don't think that can happen this time too. we were very close in 2018 though.

I think you are right, Iran needs MKD > POR, POL > SWE and EGY > SEN to make it to Pot 2. Perhaps they'll get lucky and get USA/Mexico.

Going on the other extreme, we could get a Brazil/Germany/Iran/Wales group of death

Everyone would like to be in the host Qatar group anyway - even those teams from Pot 4. Obviously Asian teams can't count on that by design. Poland was lucky enough to be in the hosts' group both in 2002 and 2006 which only made our failure look even worse :lol:

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think you are right, Iran needs MKD > POR, POL > SWE and EGY > SEN to make it to Pot 2. Perhaps they'll get lucky and get USA/Mexico.

Going on the other extreme, we could get a Brazil/Germany/Iran/Wales group of death

I'm afraid even that won't be enough now :d after losing to Korea (and Japan beating Australia) Iran lost its current place in the WR to Japan by 1 point or 2. even beating Lebanon tomorrow won't take it back most probably because Japan will beat Vietnam too.

I would like a ENG/USA/Iran/whoever else group :d I always wanted to see that Iran vs England match. two of the biggest matches in our history were against English speaking countries (Australia and USA) I like to try our chance against England this time :lol:

I hope Germany gets Qatar to balance the groups. any group with Germany and one of those top teams will be brutal.

39 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Everyone would like to be in the host Qatar group anyway - even those teams from Pot 4. Obviously Asian teams can't count on that by design. Poland was lucky enough to be in the hosts' group both in 2002 and 2006 which only made our failure look even worse :lol:

Yeah, we could end of with something like :QAT :USA :SRB :COD

On 3/25/2022 at 2:15 AM, heywoodu said:

:MKD wow! :hyper::yikes::hyper: 

That guy making the winning goal must already have 10 statues in the country now that the sun is up :d 

They built so many statues in that country in recent years, they might not have any space for more :lol:

5 hours ago, Makedonas said:

They built so many statues in that country in recent years, they might not have any space for more :lol:

I had never heard of that but it looks kind of interesting, and I'm digging the Alexander the Great one :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!