website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

John Herdman is the first coach to lead a men’s and women’s national team to FIFA World Cup Qualification. Fun fact!

Not as amusing as Canada being the only nation to win men’s and women’s Olympic gold in football (just, please, don’t look too deeply into how we won gold in men’s football)

the qualification in CONCACAF is almost done and dusted. USA and MEX still need few more days to qualify officially but with this GD difference they are already qualified (for US it's 100%, not even 99%)

and CRC also secured the playoff place against NZL (or Solomon Islands)

both USA and Mexico will be in pot 2 for the draw.

Canada most probably will be in pot 4 and I believe they are one of the best teams in this pot.

Mexico can still be in pot 1 if they win their last game, Netherlands doesn't beat Germany in a friendly and (most importantly) Portugal loses.  

Ofc the chance of Portugal losing is like 10% but it's still there.

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

the qualification in CONCACAF is almost done and dusted. USA and MEX still need few more days to qualify officially but with this GD difference they are already qualified (for US it's 100%, not even 99%)

and CRC also secured the playoff place against NZL (or Solomon Islands)

both USA and Mexico will be in pot 2 for the draw.

Canada most probably will be in pot 4 and I believe they are one of the best teams in this pot.

If :CRC beats :USA, and :MEX wins, :USA will be in pot 4 right? 

13 hours ago, NearPup said:

It's over. I can't even compute this. My parents weren't even married yet the only time Canada had qualified for the World Cup. Every qualification cycle was just more disappointing than the last growing up.

But now :CAN is going to the world cup, almost certainly as the top team in CONCACAF. I can't believe it.

Mexico 1986...I still remember Canada losing their opening match only 1-0 against France, thanks to a late JPP (Jean Pierre Papin) goal...

not many memories of the games against Soviet Union and Hungary, though...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Mexico 1986...I still remember Canada losing their opening match only 1-0 against France, thanks to a late JPP (Jean Pierre Papin) goal...

not many memories of the games against Soviet Union and Hungary, though...

All loses and no goals.

Canada is the only country to also host a FIFA event and not score a goal (iirc). Very bad luck on the men's side. Hoping for at least 3 points this time around