website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Say, if Russia backs down from their Ukraine intrusion within the next 10 days would these teams revert their decision? Or have they decided to not play Russia permanently or until Putin is removed or what?

Hard to see teams  u turning that quick but if President Zelinsky says things are at peace then maybe teams would Consider it later in the year. Not in time for the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

Say, if Russia backs down from their Ukraine intrusion within the next 10 days would these teams revert their decision? Or have they decided to not play Russia permanently or until Putin is removed or what?

Do you realy think he will back down ? he is just sending a 5 km convoy of tanks to Kyiv right now + was already openly talking about nuclear weapons threats.

This nightmare is not going to end well, even if he´ll "succeed" with Ukraine.

The world has changed last Thursday, for many, czechs included the sport is not priority anymore, playing russia is just unimaginable for them (and not only for them) if you ask me.

15 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Do you realy think he will back down ? he is just sending a 5 km convoy of tanks to Kyiv right now + was already openly talking about nuclear weapons threats.

This nightmare is not going to end well, even if he´ll "succeed" with Ukraine.

The world has changed last Thursday, for many, czechs included the sport is not priority anymore, playing russia is just unimaginable for them (and not only for them) if you ask me.

It’s very unlikely. But I suppose FIFA have to work on possibilities.

‘Swedish FA president Karl-Erik Nilsson told Fotbollskanalen they were "not satisfied" with Fifa's decision.

He said: "Our opinion is not different today and the situation has not changed in Ukraine just because we have received the message from Fifa, so we have no other opinion today.

"We also want to talk to Poland and the Czech Republic so that we can give back to Fifa what we think, but we had expected a sharper stance from Fifa. We would have done so." ‘

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

FIFA would simply cancel the World Cup. 

Ah fuck no, we are going to get "World Cup is likely to be cancelled" the whole year now, aren't we? Damn Putin, I thought we were done with this now that Tokyo and Beijing Olympics were over :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...