website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

My very personal predictions: 

Europe 

Path A: Ukraine. Austria is garbage, Scotland is vastly overrated with their average premier league players, Wales is very limited and who knows if Bale will even play. Ukraine on their day play really good football and also are surprisingly very good visitors.  

Path B: Doubt Russia or Poland will qualify (they play poorly). Sweden/Czech is a 51/49 in my view. I'm backing the swedes since they play at home.  

Path C: Italy and Portugal will win their semis easily. Hosting the final is a huge factor, so I'm betting Portugal despite the coach.

That being said... I want Italy to win SO BAD just so there won't be the slightest chance of Ronaldo winning a WC before retiring.

Intercontinental: 

AFC-CONMEBOL: Unless it's Japan that gets involved the Conmebol team will beat whoever.  

CONCACAF-OFC: If it's Panama I think New Zealand has a solid chance. Any other opponent (MEX, USA, CAN) and they lose.

Would not write Jamaica out yet, they have good new english players, but they have to make too much ground after their slow start.

Fortunately we won't be in that playoff match :p but that was bad luck for AFC teams

but I think Japan and Australia have enough experience against non-Asian teams. even though everything is possible in one match. it's not even a sure thing that Australia/Japan can beat the 3rd placed team from the other group.

7 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Avoiding CONMEBOL is huge for Canada's chances, obviously I'm hoping we finish in the top 3 to avoid it altogether, but it's nice to have a viable back-up plan.

I'm very sad one of Italy or Portugal will miss the World Cup.

It's funny see you and @intoronto worried about Canada chances, I am quite confident that Canada will end the competition on first place :lol:

11 minutes ago, Laraja said:

It's funny see you and @intoronto worried about Canada chances, I am quite confident that Canada will end the competition on first place :lol:

I feel very confident Canada will finish in the top 4, they would have to lose 5/6 games for them to fail, the issue is top 3. We've got Mexico out of the way, but losing to Central American teams is sort of our jam. For example, Honduras has no chance at qualifying, but they can just as easily beat us and deny us three valuable points.