website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

11 hours ago, hckošice said:

61%-39% 1st half Ball possesion :ECU - :PER:p but still zero zero... our coach would be proud of PER bus parking

I knew it :wall:...I really knew it, I had that feeling this will turn bad..

I went to bed at the half time, but I had that feeling that this would end badly. What a stupid and unnecessary loss of points

already the third home loss in the last 5 years, highest time to re-open the Atahualpa :mad:

On 03/05/2021 at 22:10, MHSN said:

and Iran will lose its huge 14-0 win over Cambodia.

It does get a 0-10 win today though :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

It does get a 0-10 win today though :p 

that won't be counted too :p results against last placed teams won't be counted when they are going to determine top 5 2nd-placed teams, thanks to North Korea's withdrawal

Cambodia is an interesting team. they are not "that bad" but they play like they are Brazil or France :p I mean no defense. trying to press our defense and steal the ball. if they would park the bus it could be much less.

before the last group match we know what we want. Iran will advance with a win and will be eliminated with a defeat

but if we draw. then we will qualify if 2 of these results happen

1) Korea beats Lebanon

2) KSA beats Uzbekistan

3) Vietnam beats UAE

4) Jordan doesn't beat Australia

#1 and #4 look very possible but we will play Iraq without knowing some of these results (only KOR-LBN will be on Sunday, two days before the rest)

I don't think Australia is that kind of team to lose intentionally but they are already qualified and Jordan plays with heart and sometimes they get good results (they beat Australia in the Asian Cup before) we have to beat Iraq, otherwise our fate will be in the hands of Saudis (God forbid) and Australia.

and it's just the first round :p

47 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that won't be counted too :p results against last placed teams won't be counted when they are going to determine top 5 2nd-placed teams, thanks to North Korea's withdrawal

Cambodia is an interesting team. they are not "that bad" but they play like they are Brazil or France :p I mean no defense. trying to press our defense and steal the ball. if they would park the bus it could be much less.

before the last group match we know what we want. Iran will advance with a win and will be eliminated with a defeat

but if we draw. then we will qualify if 2 of these results happen

1) Korea beats Lebanon

2) KSA beats Uzbekistan

3) Vietnam beats UAE

4) Jordan doesn't beat Australia

#1 and #4 look very possible but we will play Iraq without knowing some of these results (only KOR-LBN will be on Sunday, two days before the rest)

I don't think Australia is that kind of team to lose intentionally but they are already qualified and Jordan plays with heart and sometimes they get good results (they beat Australia in the Asian Cup before) we have to beat Iraq, otherwise our fate will be in the hands of Saudis (God forbid) and Australia.

and it's just the first round :p

Karim Ansarifard is a player of AEK Athens :GRE !

2 hours ago, George_D said:

Karim Ansarifard is a player of AEK Athens :GRE !

yeah it seems he enjoys his time in Greece, :p that's his "home" actually. he has a Greek wife.

it's hard for him nowadays to make the starting lineup because of Azmoun and Taremi but he was always a classy person, always ready to help the NT when that was necessary. also scored a goal today. (and another one against Hong Kong a week ago)

hopefully we won't need his service against Iraq on Tuesday :p because when he is on, that means things are not working according to the plan.

for whatever reason they changed the time of Australia-Jordan match which was supposed to be the last match of the day. now it will start half an hour before the start of Iran-Iraq match. I assume Australian team wanted to catch a flight or something like that.

but this is probably a very good news for teams in other groups, specially Iran. Lebanon lost 2-1 to South Korea on Sunday so we only need a draw against Iraq if Jordan doesn't beat Australia.

I really hope our coach is smart enough to follow that match, it may change Iran's strategy against Iraq. it will be terrible if other results happen in favor of Iran but our team blows it by losing to Iraq!

quick summary

:AUS:JPN:KOR:SYR are already qualified. we will know the other 8 teams tomorrow. but :KSA:CHN:IRQ:OMA:VIE look safe even if they lose, :UAE:UZB:IRI also look good if they don't lose tomorrow. if one of them loses :LBN advances. :JOR also will take one of the places if they surprise everybody by beating Australia. they did that in Asian Cup. also a very slim chance exists for :TJK but they need 3 of Jordan, Iran, UAE and Uzbekistan losing.

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

for whatever reason they changed the time of Australia-Jordan match which was supposed to be the last match of the day. now it will start half an hour before the start of Iran-Iraq match. I assume Australian team wanted to catch a flight or something like that.

but this is probably a very good news for teams in other groups, specially Iran. Lebanon lost 2-1 to South Korea on Sunday so we only need a draw against Iraq if Jordan doesn't beat Australia.

I really hope our coach is smart enough to follow that match, it may change Iran's strategy against Iraq. it will be terrible if other results happen in favor of Iran but our team blows it by losing to Iraq!

quick summary

:AUS:JPN:KOR:SYR are already qualified. we will know the other 8 teams tomorrow. but :KSA:CHN:IRQ:OMA:VIE look safe even if they lose, :UAE:UZB:IRI also look good if they don't lose tomorrow. if one of them loses :LBN advances. :JOR also will take one of the places if they surprise everybody by beating Australia. they did that in Asian Cup. also a very slim chance exists for :TJK but they need 3 of Jordan, Iran, UAE and Uzbekistan losing.

We are also very happy that they change the time. We may qualify before our match start if Jordan fails to win over Australia.