website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

we will have the AFC draw for 2nd Round of qualification in two hours

What will happen if Qatar wins their group? Their spot in third round goes to 5th best runner-up from all groups? or runner-up from their group qualify directly as winner of group? or Qatar plays even the third round? 

we got "lucky" once again in the draw. we got Iraq (the best team in pot 2) and Bahrain (best team in pot 3), only Hong Kong and Cambodia are easy. we could get Kuwait for example.

Iraq is always the toughest opponent for Iran , they play against Iran like their lives are depend on that. and Bahrain !? our worst football memory came from Bahrain.and the last time we played in Manama it was hostile situation and we only survived by a last minute goal . our new coach will be tested very soon , this first round won't be easy for Iran. have to be careful.

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

What will happen if Qatar wins their group? Their spot in third round goes to 5th best runner-up from all groups? or runner-up from their group qualify directly as winner of group? or Qatar plays even the third round? 

per previous tournaments, it will be the 5th best runner-up. this is the method AFC used in its previous tournaments.

of course it will be better to see the official document about it but I'm 90% sure about what I said.

Full draw for AFC World Cup qualifiers- Second Round:

Group A: :CHN :SYR :PHI :MDV :GUM 

Group B: :AUS :JOR :TPE :KUW :NEP 

Group C: :IRI :IRQ :BRN :HKG :CAM 

Group D: :KSA :UZB :PLE :YEM :SGP 

Group E: :QAT :OMA :IND:AFG :BAN 

Group F: :JPN :KGZ :TJK :MYA :MGL 

Group G: :UAE :VIE :THA :MAS :INA 

Group H: :KOR :LBN :PRK :TKM :SRI 

All the group winners and 4 best runner-up will advance to third round. 

I think Group E anf F are the easiest, Group A is also easy, it will be between Syria and China. if we consider AFC teams in 2018 WC as the main contender here I think only Iran and maybe Saudi Arabia are in a bit of danger in the first round.

Saudi Arabia and Palestine in the same group will cause problems. Saudi nationals can't/don't travel to Palestine, they will probably force FIFA/AFC to play Palestine's home match somewhere else.

assuming Qatar winning group E, we will have 5 runner-ups in the second round, I think group G won't be one of them. those SEA teams will take points from each other. Group H is also balanced after South Korea. will be hard for runner-up from that group to qualify. hard to pick the last one, but I guess it will be either C or D. maybe B.

so here is my prediction :

A: :CHN:SYR

B: :AUS:JOR

C: :IRI:IRQ

D: :KSA

E: :OMA

F: :JPN:KGZ

G: :UAE

H: :KOR

4 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Syria really got screwed over here. They have to travel to three Far East countries and the remote Maldives.

Also, Saudi vs Yemen? Really?

as far as I know the current Yemen NT is founded by the Saudis. (hard to believe I know) of course some players probably "don't like" Saudi Arabia but it's not like they will boycott the match.

the last time Syria played its home matches in Malaysia. so maybe they even play their home matches in East Asia again. :facepalm: obviously Yemen and Afghanistan also can't "host" their matches. but Iraq will host its WCQ matches after a while. I think the last time was in 2002. and from what I heard we have to play Iraq in Basra ,  not a really good choice. hope they take the security very seriously.

7 hours ago, Dolby said:

Full draw for AFC World Cup qualifiers- Second Round:

Group A: :CHN :SYR :PHI :MDV :GUM 

Group B: :AUS :JOR :TPE :KUW :NEP 

Group C: :IRI :IRQ :BRN :HKG :CAM 

Group D: :KSA :UZB :PLE :YEM :SGP 

Group E: :QAT :OMA :IND:AFG :BAN 

Group F: :JPN :KGZ :TJK :MYA :MGL 

Group G: :UAE :VIE :THA :MAS :INA 

Group H: :KOR :LBN :PRK :TKM :SRI 

All the group winners and 4 best runner-up will advance to third round. 

Could have been worse for Guam :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!