website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

North Korea is going to withdraw from the World Cup qualifiers, that was expected

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/covid-19-north-korea-skip-world-cup-qualifiers-football-14737044

and this is a terrible new for Iran, because with one group of 4 teams,  they won't count results against the 5th placed teams in each group to detremine the best runner ups. and Iran will lose its huge 14-0 win over Cambodia.

by my count, the 2nd team of Group C has a slim chance to qualify, so Iran has to win all 4 remaining matches to qualify :(

38 minutes ago, MHSN said:

North Korea is going to withdraw from the World Cup qualifiers, that was expected

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/covid-19-north-korea-skip-world-cup-qualifiers-football-14737044

and this is a terrible new for Iran, because with one group of 4 teams,  they won't count results against the 5th placed teams in each group to detremine the best runner ups. and Iran will lose its huge 14-0 win over Cambodia.

by my count, the 2nd team of Group C has a slim chance to qualify, so Iran has to win all 4 remaining matches to qualify :(

So does that mean all the previous results are awarded 3-0 to the other team as well?

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So does that mean all the previous results are awarded 3-0 to the other team as well?

they have two options actually

1) award the remaining matches 3-0 to the opposite team and leave the previous results the way it was

2) remove North Korea and its results from the table and making it a group of 4 teams.

option 1 will be good for us, but option 2 (which is more likely) will be terrible as I explained.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

they have two options actually

1) award the remaining matches 3-0 to the opposite team and leave the previous results the way it was

2) remove North Korea and its results from the table and making it a group of 4 teams.

option 1 will be good for us, but option 2 (which is more likely) will be terrible as I explained.

I think number 1 is more likely. See St. Lucia.

Edit: actually I dont know. Lol sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

North Korea officially withdrew

https://www.the-afc.com/competitions/afc-asian-cup/news/latest-update-on-asian-qualifiers

FIFA will decide about the outcome soon. hopefully they just give the remaining matches 3-0 to the opponents. if they remove PRK from the table, Iran has to win all 4 matches to qualify :wacko:

-----------

this also shows PRK is very serious about not going to Tokyo

• 2 weeks later...

FIFA approved AFC's recommendation and removed all PRK's results

results against 5th placed teams in each group won't be counted. I believe Iran is the biggest loser here by losing +14 GD. I somehow have a feeling AFC had that in mind when they "recommended" this to FIFA.

61936784.jpg

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

FIFA approved AFC's recommendation and removed all PRK's results

results against 5th placed teams in each group won't be counted. I believe Iran is the biggest loser here by losing +14 GD. I somehow have a feeling AFC had that in mind when they "recommended" this to FIFA.

61936784.jpg

What they are doing to Iran is an scandal.

Important results in Asia today

:AUS 3-0 :KUW

:IRI 3-1 :HKG

:QAT 1-0 :IND

:UAE 4-0 :MAS

Australia only needs to beat Nepal and Chinese Taipei to qualify, that's a sure thing. they will join Japan (only team already qualified) other groups are still a bit complicated.

and for Iran it was a poor performance. I was expecting a bigger margin to improve the GD but HKG parked the bus for something like 80 minutes and the pitch in Bahrain was also terrible. our GK never touched the ball with his hands until that HKG goal which was their only half chance ! :smash:

that match against Bahrain on 7 June is win or die. at least this one will be in the main stadium with a much better pitch. by my count a draw may eliminate both teams. (thanks to PRK) but still I highly doubt Bahrain doesn't park the bus. beating Bahrain "sounds" easy but not for Iran. we played there 6 times in history and the results were 2 draws and 4 defeats :facepalm::wacko:  still hoping for a win :pope:

Our World Cup hopes will be alive for another 8 days :p first ever away win against Bahrain, even though technically that was a "home match" :wacko:

2 wins out 4, and I assume beating Cambodia will be easy. so it's win or die match against Iraq now. if it wasn't for North Korea's withdrawal Iran would qualify even after losing to Iraq but now only a win will be enough.

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Our World Cup hopes will be alive for another 8 days :p first ever away win against Bahrain, even though technically that was a "home match" :wacko:

2 wins out 4, and I assume beating Cambodia will be easy. so it's win or die match against Iraq now. if it wasn't for North Korea's withdrawal Iran would qualify even after losing to Iraq but now only a win will be enough.

Tomorrow there will be lots of bloggers help calculate the scores and analyze the situation. China just won over the Philippines. But the whole situation is still a mess. Good luck to Iran and China.:thumbup: