website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Hm, I guess Germany is officially the weak link of the France-Portugal-Germany trio, too bad that we will play against them in Munich, not in Budapest. 

i wonder why Lev dont start in squad a clear center forward . He starts Gnabry as a "false" 9

4 hours ago, Dragon said:

It's lucky South Macedonia isn't involved, Germany would have no chance....

"South Macedonia" (or just Macedonia as we Greeks call it) has some very good players such as Tsimikas of Liverpool, Giannoulis of Norwich City, Mitroglou who used to be at Benfica and Marseille and is now at Aris, Siovas, Pelkas, Fetfatzidis, Papadopoulos, Pavlidis and of course the Greek wonderkid Christos Tzolis who is now attracting interest from big European clubs...

10 of the 23 players on Greece's Euro 2004 team were from our region :thumbup:

Evaluating the situation in each group...

A: Should be Portugal v Serbia all the way to the end, likely the decision will come down to the very last game.

B: Should be Spain v Sweden all the way, don't see the other teams challenging, not even Greece. They can get a point or two from the big kids but struggle too much to score.

C: I don't see Italy or Switzerland dropping a single point to all the other (awful) teams, so everything should be decided in the h2h games.

D: France is not playing great but they will easily qualify since all the other teams are close in level and will keep getting points off each other. I would bet Ukraine for 2nd but a finish surprise is not off limits.

E: Easy for Belgium, Wales & Czechia kinda won't care since both are guaranteed play-off places through Nations league.

F: Denmark most in form team in Europe right now, will easily qualify. Scotland v Austria for 2nd place.

G: Despite slipping against Latvia still think Turkey will take this group. I think the dutch will go to play-offs, Norway doesn't look good at all.

H: All teams are very inconsistent, think Croatia will just barely take it at the end. Russia for 2nd. Slovakia and Slovenia are too dependant on 2-3 players, they are one injury away from dropping points to the likes of Cyprus and Malta.

I: England easily. Hungary and Poland for 2nd place, right now I see Hungary better. 

J: I find it hard to believe that Germany won't take first place against these uber weak opponents. Hopefully with a new coach they will turn a page. Still think Romania will take 2nd here, don't see Armenia or Macedonia being consistent enough. Iceland is too weak at the moment.

Interesting statistic:

This was only the third loss for Germany in World Cup qualification history. The previous two were against Portugal (0:1 in 1985) and England (1:5 in 2001). Both losses were at home too and both times (1986 and 2002) Germany made the World Cup Final afterwards.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Interesting statistic:

This was only the third loss for Germany in World Cup qualification history. The previous two were against Portugal (0:1 in 1985) and England (1:5 in 2001). Both losses were at home too and both times (1986 and 2002) Germany made the World Cup Final afterwards.

Another statistic.

Germany or West Germany have played 211 qualification games for the World Cup, European Championships or European Nations League and only lost 16 times.

Only the Netherlands and Northern Ireland have ever beaten them twice. Uniquely Northern Ireland did it home and away in the same tournament (Euro 1984)