website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

the rest of Asian qualifiers 2nd round will be held in June and one venue is announced for each group.

in 6 groups the top seed team is going to host the other 4 teams, only two top seeds won't host it. Australia and Iran. I assume Australia didn't want it, but Iran wanted it desperately and everybody here is angry about the new FIFA/AFC decision. because Bahrain will host the group which is worst possible host for any Iranian team. any other country would be fine.

it will be very hot in KSA, USA, KUW, BRN and QAT in June but who cares. they lobby better in AFC and host most important competitions. CHN, JPN and KOR will host the remaining 3 groups. apparently no other AFC match will be held in Iran in near future, because their sponsors can't work here because of the sanctions!

when Iran lost to Bahrain and Iraq with that conman Wilmots. we were hoping to make up for that at home. but now again we have to play in Bahrain. :( Iran has to win all remaining 4 matches to make sure about the qualification. I think 10 points will be enough too (not a sure thing though)

but our football NT usually plays better in Asia with its back against the wall. 2006 and 2014 WCQ were mission impossibles (they had to win some away matches in a row to qualify) but they made it. let's see if our new coach can survive the biggest task of his coaching career. :pope: it doesn't look like mission impossible on paper, Iran has a much better team than both IRQ and BRN but I know our neighbors , they always play 10 times better when they face Iran :p

• 2 weeks later...

We are in some serious and deep shit...

foreign clubs refuse to release Slovak players, one after other....

we are currently in a situation where we do not know who and if even anyone from abroad will play for us. :(

Today, after long begging and asslicking, some German clubs released three players Pekarík, Duda and Benes from Hertha, Koln & M´Gladbach), but only for the first match in Cyprus, and with condition the players are not allowed to even cross the borders of Slovakia. So they will travle from GER to CYP and then return back to their clubs..

Hamšík injured, Rodák the same, Lobotka and Weiss out due sickness..Inter Milan will probably release Škriniar also only for the first match.

It is very probably that we will play against Malta and Russia only with some players from the Slovak league clubs ...

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

we are currently in a situation where we do not know who and if even anyone from abroad will play for us. :(

Today, after long begging and asslicking, some German clubs released three players Pekarík, Duda and Benes from Hertha, Koln & M´Gladbach), but only for the first match in Cyprus, and with condition the players are not allowed to even cross the borders of Slovakia. So they will travle from GER to CYP and then return back to their clubs..

Hamšík injured, Rodák the same, Lobotka and Weiss out due sickness..Inter Milan will probably release Škriniar also only for the first match.

It is very probably that we will play against Malta and Russia only with some players from the Slovak league clubs ...

I don't understand why they can't play the home games.

From what I understand the clubs from Germany have freed all players now (and the prohibition was for travel to UK only anyway). 

Edit: oh I guess there's some restriction placed on Slovakia by Germany?

At the very least one of these matches is against Malta, which - all respect to Malta - should still result in a win also without the 'foreign' players...the one against Russia though, good luck...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

We had our President and Zbigniew Boniek working the Germans over so Lewandowski didn't have to quarantine after playing at Wembley. And it worked. All German-based players will now play vs England in London. It seems like Slovakia doesn't have such football big wigs to force Germany's hand?

53 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I don't understand why they can't play the home games.

From what I understand the clubs from Germany have freed all players now (and the prohibition was for travel to UK only anyway). 

Edit: oh I guess there's some restriction placed on Slovakia by Germany?

Well, it looks like we are in black list almost everywhere now to be fair.. FIFA allowing clubs to not release their players in the "high risk" countries does not help as well, sadly especially us...

however, it is really unfortunate situation, because there 3 games this week, which may be pretty well a crucial loss and deficite in our World Cup qualifier.

last update: Škriniar can play in Cyprus...our federation will continue its asslicking of the Inter Milan officials though, so maybe there a small chance to have at least one above avergae player in our team also for the next 2 games...

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

At the very least one of these matches is against Malta, which - all respect to Malta - should still result in a win also without the 'foreign' players...the one against Russia though, good luck...

I see, you do not follow our league :lol:  small hint : our league selection played that famous friendly match against Gibraltar few years ago

Malta is now a bit closer of a huge scalp.  well, based on the FIFA ranking :p

7 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I see, you do not follow our league :lol:  small hint : our league selection played that famous friendly match against Gibraltar few years ago

Malta is now a bit closer of a huge scalp.  well, based on the FIFA ranking :p

I just wanted to give you some hope man :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!