website statistics

[FANTASY CONTESTS] Biathlon Manager Game Discussion Thread

Wumo

Great :d 

I think games like these can always be tweaked and improved, but I'd have no idea how without us giving it a try for a season first. I'd say we just go with it and after the season we see if things need to be improved :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Now all we need is a prize for the winner.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 23/10/2019 at 14:23, Wumo said:

Rules and systems of the BMG will be explained in the following part:

1. Creating your biathlon team

Your biathlon team will consist of 5 female and 5 male biathletes. You are only allowed to select 2 biathletes from the same nation. Only 1 male and 1 female biathlete from the same nation are allowed. 2 male or 2 female biathletes are not allowed. For the first World Cup round, managers can select a maximum of 3 biathletes in total from last WC season’s overall top 10 in both men’s and women’s WC. For every World Cup Round, managers select one male captain and one female captain.

3) Transfer system

f) Users/Managers can earn or lose points when they switch a biathlete on their team out with another biathlete.

Example:

User 1: Biathlete 1 has scored 180 points. User 1 chooses to switch out biathlete 1 with biathlete 2, who has scored 100 points. User 1 earns 80 points to his total score.

User 2: Biathlete 3 has scored 50 points. User 2 chooses to switch out biathlete 3 with biathlete 4, who has scored 120 points. User 1 loses 70 points to his total score.

It seem an interesting challenge this BMG, maybe a little bit difficult but could be fun. If I will have time I'm in ;)

I need two clarifying about the rules:

• rule 1)  can select maximum 3 men + 3 women of last year TOP10 or only 3 men+women (seems few) ?

• rule 3f)  Biathletes who are substituted out will not score any points (Obvious), but the examples are not right (or written in right mode?)

Biathlete 1 scored 180 (i.e. in first two event) and you substituted out in event 3rd with biathlete 2 after the event you sum the 180+ the points that B2 earn from this event (obvious not the points that he scored in first two event)

my example in this table

(Switch out Biathlete1 after first event with biathlete 2 and switch out biathlete 3 with biathlete 4 before event third)

Spoiler
USER A EVENT 1 EVENT 2 EVENT 3 Total points USER A
Biathlete 1 40 out of team out of team 40
Biathlete 2 not  in team 120 50 170
Biathlete 3 60 130 out of team 190
Biathlete 4 not  in team not  in team 100 100

Maybe YOU ARE CRAZY (a little bit.......:p ) if want create and manage this type (FANTASY/MANAGER) of game!!!!!

Good luck for the job...........

On 16/11/2019 at 15:27, Henry_Leon said:

It seem an interesting challenge this BMG, maybe a little bit difficult but could be fun. If I will have time I'm in ;)

I need two clarifying about the rules:

• rule 1)  can select maximum 3 men + 3 women of last year TOP10 or only 3 men+women (seems few) ?

• rule 3f)  Biathletes who are substituted out will not score any points (Obvious), but the examples are not right (or written in right mode?)

Biathlete 1 scored 180 (i.e. in first two event) and you substituted out in event 3rd with biathlete 2 after the event you sum the 180+ the points that B2 earn from this event (obvious not the points that he scored in first two event)

my example in this table

(Switch out Biathlete1 after first event with biathlete 2 and switch out biathlete 3 with biathlete 4 before event third)

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe YOU ARE CRAZY (a little bit.......:p ) if want create and manage this type (FANTASY/MANAGER) of game!!!!!

Good luck for the job...........

I'm sorry, I have not responed before now.

To answer your questions:

1) It will be much more clear when I open the Biathlon Manager Game Thread. 

3f, now been changed to 3e) I know it's not so clear, but what I write is what I mean. An example to clarify. J.T. Boe scores 150 points in the first WC round. You would like to earn some points via the transfer system, so you choose to "sell" J. T. Boe. You then choose to "buy" L. Hofer for your team to replace J. T. Boe. Hofer scored 80 points in the first WC round. The difference is +70 points (150-80), so 70 points are added to your total score. Let's say your 10 biathletes have scored a total of 670 points after the first WC round. You decide to make the aforementioned transfer. Your total score will then be 740 (670+70) when the second WC round starts. I hope this has clarified how the transfer system works.

And yes, I'm a bit crazy. :p Or that is what some of my friends tell me when I come up with ideas like these. Anyhow, thanks for the good luck. I probably need it.

To all, I have deleted some paragraphs in the rules. Nothing drastically, the point system is still the same. 

@heywoodu I don't know what the price could be? Maybe a personal autograph from a certain Brazilian female biathlete? According to my knowledge, you seem to know one very well. :d

Just now, Wumo said:

3f, now been changed to 3e) I know it's not so clear, but what I write is what I mean. An example to clarify. J.T. Boe scores 150 points in the first WC round. You would like to earn some points via the transfer system, so you choose to "sell" J. T. Boe. You then choose to "buy" L. Hofer for your team to replace J. T. Boe. Hofer scored 80 points in the first WC round. The difference is +70 points (150-80), so 70 points are added to your total score. Let's say your 10 biathletes have scored a total of 670 points after the first WC round. You decide to make the aforementioned transfer. Your total score will then be 740 (670+70) when the second WC round starts. I hope this has clarified how the transfer system works.

And yes, I'm a bit crazy. :p Or that is what some of my friends tell me when I come up with ideas like these. Anyhow, thanks for the good luck. I probably need it.

To all, I have deleted some paragraphs in the rules. Nothing drastically, the point system is still the same. 

@heywoodu I don't know what the price could be? Maybe a personal autograph from a certain Brazilian female biathlete? According to my knowledge, you seem to know one very well. :d

I've heard of one, yes :evil:

14 hours ago, Wumo said:

OK, I understand but seem a "strange rule"

Maybe is more "easy" (and less work) sum the points of your 10 biathletes that are in the team at each round: when you sell one athlete, the next round you have the points only of new athlete.

10 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

OK, I understand but seem a "strange rule"

Maybe is more "easy" (and less work) sum the points of your 10 biathletes that are in the team at each round: when you sell one athlete, the next round you have the points only of new athlete.

Strange, maybe. Complicated, indeed. 

This season of BMG will very much be used as sort of a prototype to see what works and doesn't. 

I'm curious to see which biathletes benefit most from this point system?  

19 horas atrás, Wumo disse:

An autograph can be on your way whenever you give me your address ?

2 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

An autograph can be on your way whenever you give me your address ?

Well, I don't have any autographs from any real athlete. My friend's autograph from when he was 9 years old doesn't count, because you know, he wasn't a real athlete. However, I did appreciate it at that time.

Agora, Wumo disse:

Well, I don't have any autographs from any real athlete. My friend's autograph from when he was 9 years old doesn't count, because you know, he wasn't a real athlete. However, I did appreciate it at that time.

An autograph from a 9 years old child is cute ? that's something to be appreciated, yes.

I can get also one from other brazilian cross country skiers and biathletes (also some athletes from other countries during the races).