website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Windish should retire now, it cant get better than that for him. Did he ever make a podium before?

World Cup win, Olympic podium, double Olympic relay podium, good amount of World Cup (mixed) relay podiums.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Once in a century day for Italy. On the womens side Italy deserved a gold, although as a german fan i am sad that Herrmann threw away the gold. On the mens side this must be the most surprising top 3 ever. Windish should retire now, it cant get better than that for him. Did he ever make a podium before? Impressive that Fourcade is out of shape and even when Desthieux messes up, some other random french comes out of nowhere and wins a medal. Boe must be very disappointed, only 1 individual gold for him is far less than anyone expected ...

Mass start win in Canmore 2016 and then two podiums in two days in Oberhof 2017 ;) Plus the Olympic bronze in sprint.

Edited by Monzanator

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Edit: I have never been a fan of Fourcade, but this is not how he should retire. With the weak overall level behind Boe this season i still think that Fourcade could get a lot of top 3 finishes the next couple of season.

Considering what I heard him say on French tv, he will be there next year.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Mass start win in Canmore 2016 and then two podiums in two days in Oberhof 2017 ;) Plus the Olympic bronze in sprint.

I wouldnt count Canmore, probably a lot of top guys werent competing. Already completely forgot the results from the last olympics. When i learnt yesterday that Belarus won gold in the womens relay last year i couldnt believe it as well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And I thought it was his first win, oops :lol:

Edited by Bohemia

Just now, Bohemia said:

Considering what I heard him say on French tv, he will be there next year.

Good decision, a guy like him shouldnt retire in such a sad state. He should do a Björndalen and peak at the next olympics out of nowhere and then retire at 45 or so. If a guy like Pidrushni can win a gold medal, then a 45 year old Fourcade should be able to do that as well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wouldnt count Canmore, probably a lot of top guys werent competing. Already completely forgot the results from the last olympics. When i learnt yesterday that Belarus won gold in the womens relay last year i couldnt believe it as well.

Actually there was some heavy wind that day in Canmore as well. Windisch won with 4 misses, Top 3 in World Cup: Fourcade 6 misses, Shipullin 6 misses, Schempp 8 misses :rolleyes:  So one can say it was exactly that kind of day in Ostersund again. Big wind and Windisch goes 5/5 when JTB goes 0/5 :lol:

Btw, That's what you get if you only follow German athletes. Other nations win in biathlon too including Belarus in relay which was pretty famous ;)

18 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Actually, Windisch won over Doll and Fillon Maillet. Martin Fourcade was 6th, Peiffer 8th, Shipulin 17th, Schempp 21st. I believe JTB was the only big gun missing.

Also, Windisch was 4th in the legendary Oslo mass start in 2016, and he missed the last target. Had he hit that one, he would have sprinted for gold. He was the only athlete to shoot 10/10 in last year's Oberhof relay, so he clearly likes these heavily windy conditions.