website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Three great jobs by the US Women, then the let down.  Reid, Egan have both shot well over the past week.  9th place with 2 penalty loops.  Top 10, so I should be happy right? :wacko:

The men finish in 19th only a few seconds ahead of Lithuania.  2+12 is not going to do a lot.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Norway has great skiers, they're not good enough to make the cross-country A team but they're world class in biathlon. It's only the shooting part that holds them back. However I guess Denise Herrmann doesn't regret switching over to biathlon even though she competed for wins in cc sprints?

Schempp seems to be going out with a whimper? How long will he continue? Lesser & Ress don't have much speed so it looks as if Peiffer & Doll are the only two who can do some damage in two-shoot races.

1) Herrmann for sure doesnt regret it. When she made the switch she wasnt world class anymore and biathlon is far more popular in Germany. Even if she would dominate cross-country skiing like Johaug, she would probably earn less money than she does now.

2) Dont know what will happen with Schempp, i am sure he will want to get back to the top. Lesser and Rees are indeed pretty slow currently, Peiffer & Doll & Nawrath are much better in cross-country.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Not related to the world championships, but this is probably still the best place to ask this:

Does anyone have any idea what happened with Maren Hammerschmidt and Luise Kummer?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

45 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Hammerschmidt has been injured and she's not recovered yet, at least not in shape to be competitive 

Kummer has raced normally throughout the season in IBU Cup, nothing particular to say about it, she's not WC-level so ...

If I'm not mistaken, Kummer had been quite sick a few years ago and didn't really manage to get back fully since :( (although she has shown a few signs of good life in the IBU Cup this season, but yeah, not exactly stable)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!