website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Team USA

The women - Dreissgacker is there for the relay.  The US has 3 starting spots in the Individual and Sprint 

head shot  Susan Dunklee (Barton, Vt.)

head shot  Clare Egan (Cape Elizabeth, Maine)

head shot  Joanne Reid (Palo Alto, Calif.)

head shot  Emily Dreissigacker (Morrisville, Vt.). 

The men - The US men have  starting sport, it will be interesting to see what races Alex Howe runs.

head shot  Sean Doherty (Center Conway, N.H.)

head shot  Leif Nordgren (Marine, Minn.)

head shot  Jake Brown (Saint Paul, Minn.)

head shot  Max Durtschi (Ketchum, Idaho) - Best mustache on the tour!

head shot  Alex Howe (Gilford, N.H.).

For the first time since 2013 (Lucy Glanville, only 24 now yet already retired since 2013/14) Australia will have a woman at the start: Jill Colebourn :woohoo: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So, @heywoodu- according to the IBU graphic, Brazil has a female quota (since there weren't 10 wildcards filled, I guess?) But then Greenland has two lol. I'm confused.

EDIT: So I think it's because Ukaleq and Uiloq and Bruna had the best IBU QPs that weren't under 180 (text says "no wch qualified athletes"). I don't know if this means they have a quota or if it's just the system being weird. Note Anja Ilic from Serbia also has a wildcard, and she's way above 180. :mumble:Same with Hulgaard and two Bosnians on the men's side (right). Worth looking into?

image.pngimage.png

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

Italian team (no any surprise...)

Women
VITTOZZI Lisa
WIERER Dorothea
GONTIER Nicole
SANFILIPPO Federica
RUNGGALDIER Alexia 

Men

HOFER Lukas
WINDISCH Dominik
BORMOLINI Thomas
MONTELLO Giuseppe
CHENAL Thierry

Edited by Gianlu33

7 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

So, @heywoodu- according to the IBU graphic, Brazil has a female quota (since there weren't 10 wildcards filled, I guess?) But then Greenland has two lol. I'm confused.

EDIT: So I think it's because Ukaleq and Uiloq and Bruna had the best IBU QPs that weren't under 180 (text says "no wch qualified athletes"). I don't know if this means they have a quota or if it's just the system being weird. Note Anja Ilic from Serbia also has a wildcard, and she's way above 180. :mumble:Same with Hulgaard and two Bosnians on the men's side (right). Worth looking into?

image.pngimage.png

Well, she's flying back home Sunday (and can't stay in Europe a day longer because of visa rules, she's been here 90 days - the maximum - on Sunday). I'm rather interested in what this means do...a wild card for what exactly?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And last but not least, where did you find this? Looks like the Datacenter, but I can't see it anywhere :p 

@ahjfcshfghb Apparently Brazil does indeed have a quota, but they have no athlete eligible to use it (average under 180 or one result under 150 if I'm not mistaken). The whole thing would be easier to figure out if IBU actually publishes the damn qualifying points list like they say they do, but they never actually do.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And last but not least, where did you find this? Looks like the Datacenter, but I can't see it anywhere :p 

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe this is from Wikileaks :) !  The first biathlon themed dump!  To be a little more serious, I would love to see this, as well as the points list, races where points are available, how many, etc.