website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, dcro said:

This evening session is delay after delay so far. :facepalm:

I especially liked the men's keirin semi final being shot back, followed by 16 hours of discussions, resulting in....everybody restarting :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

I especially liked the men's keirin semi final being shot back, followed by 16 hours of discussions, resulting in....everybody restarting :d 

Rio de Janeiro style ;) 

:AUS women at last lap of pursuit :facepalm:Good for them that they had big advantage

4 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Rio de Janeiro style ;) 

:AUS women at last lap of pursuit :facepalm:Good for them that they had big advantage

Spread their energy perfect then :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

fireworks in the men's individual pursuit...

:GER Weinstein was first credited with the unbelievable world record of 4.05.x and then saw his time corrected by good 4 seconds (still, 4.09 is a great time, indeed)...

then came the heat with the current world record holder :USA Ashton Lambie and :USA Filippo Ganna...and our star destroyed the American, riding a 4.07.456, just a couple of tenths slower than the WR...:yikes:

and in the meantime, :GBR John Archibald (sea level WR holder since just a few weeks ago) rode a disappointing 4.16 and he's out of everything...

so, the Gold Medal ride will be between Ganna and Weinstein, meanwhile the Bronze medal ride will surprisingly feature :ITA Davide Plebani and :RUS Alexandr Evtushenko...

and the regrets for the unlucky outcome of the men's team pursuit grows and grows and grows...:facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps

Filippooooo!!! :champion: 3rd world title for him...and he's only 22 (not to mention he did ride 4.07 twice in 5 hours or so)...:bowdown:

p.s. and what a point race! :yikes: definitely one of the most exciting ever, full of action from start to finish with all the riders not trying to save energy at all...

well done, boys!

and congrats to Van Schip, who dominated the race by winning a lot of sprints and gaining good 3 laps (which rarely happens)...

but all the show we just saw, it won't happen in Tokyo, thanks to the geniuses running UCI and IOC, who think that those 2 events don't deserve the Olympic stage (meanwhile we will see amazing events like team sprint and omnium)...:whistle::facepalm::wall:

To be fair, point race was excluded because there had to be even number of men and women events. And there is still point race in omnium and there is madison which is also a point race ;) But I also think that classic point race should be in olympic program, individual pursuit and 500m/1km time trial also. But if I could decide what should be excluded I think that from sprint competitions it should be keirin (I really like team sprint, don't know why you don't) and from middles omnium. But before that I would excluded both BMXs because I hate those things :p 

Edited by Col_Frost