website statistics

Iran National Thread

MHSN

1 hour ago, iran2016 said:

سلام

تو اخبار خوندم تست دوپینگ یکی از ورزشکارای شانس مدال المپیک مثبت شده ولی هر چی گشتم اسمشو پیدا نکردم

شما میدونی کی بوده؟

بله اما ترجیح میدم اسمش رو اینجا ننویسم. پیام خصوصی بدید تا بگم

Today was a really bad day for Iranian sport in general. we had two doping cases among our national team members.

while official media still refuse to use their names. everybody knows who they are.

Bahman Askari, World Champion in Karate and one of our biggest gold medal chances in Tokyo. that was really shocking. I really don't think you need doping in Karate. our Karate federation claims he proved he doesn't use the drug intentionally but still the suspension is inevitable . they just hope to reduce his ban. I'm afraid he will also miss the Asian Games where he was the defending Champion.

the other name is not revealed yet. officially it's a member of women's taekwondo team. but I know that's Youth Olympics Champion Yalda Valinejad. she got caught by our local NADO and her suspension has nothing to do with international organizations. she was supposed to participate at the Asian Championship few days ago but all of a sudden pulled out after the draw. which was suspicious at the time. now we know why she did that. I believe using the drug has something to do with our coach pushing he to cut lots of weight in order to make the 57kg. doping is a bad thing but doping for such a young athlete is much worse.

On 18/06/2021 at 14:05, MHSN said:

Iranian sources usually count the reserve guy in Fencing into the list. this is 63 so far. 2 or 3 will be added later. which makes this the biggest delegation for Iran after 1976 (2nd biggest delegation ever)

Archery (1)

Men's Individual: Milad Vaziri

Athletics (2)

Men's 100m: Hassan Taftian

Men's Discus Throw: Ehsan Haddadi

Basketball (12)

Men's Team: TBD

Boxing (2)

Men's 57kg: Danial Shahbakhsh

Men's 75kg: Shahin Mousavi

Canoeing Sprint (1)

Men's K-1 1000m: Ali Aghamirzaei

Cycling Road (1)

Men's Road Race and Individual Time Trial: Saeid Safarzadeh

Fencing (3+1)

Men's Individual Sabre: Mojtaba Abedini, Ali Pakdaman, Mohammad Rahbari

Men's Team Sabre: Mojtaba Abedini, Ali Pakdaman, Mohammad Rahbari, Mohammad Fotouhi

Karate (4)

Men's Kumite 75kg: Bahman Askari

Men's Kumite +75kg: Sajjad Ganjzadeh

Women's Kumite 55kg: Sara Bahmanyar

Women's Kumite +61kg: Hamideh Abbasali

Rowing (1)

Women's Single Sculls: Nazanin Malaei

Shooting (6)

Men's Pistol events: TBD

Men's Rifle events: TBD

Women's Pistol events: TBD

Women's Rifle events: TBD

Table Tennis (1)

Men's Singles: Nima Alamian

Taekwondo (3)

Men's 58kg: Armin Hadipour

Men's 68kg: Mirhashem Hosseini

Women's 57kg: Nahid Kiani

Volleyball (12)

Men's Team: TBD

Weightlifting (2)

Men's 109kg: Ali Hashemi

Men's +109kg: Ali Davoudi

Wrestling (11)

Men's Freestyle 57kg: Reza Atri

Men's Freestyle 65kg: Morteza Ghiasi

Men's Freestyle 74kg: Mostafa Hosseinkhani

Men's Freestyle 86kg: Hassan Yazdani

Men's Freestyle 97kg: Mohammad Hossein Mohammadian

Men's Freestyle 120kg: Amir Hossein Zare

Men's Greco-Roman 60kg: Alireza Nejati

Men's Greco-Roman 67kg: Mohammad Reza Geraei

Men's Greco-Roman 77kg: Mohammad Ali Geraei

Men's Greco-Roman 97kg: Mohammad Hadi Saravi

Men's Greco-Roman 130kg: Amin Mirzazadeh

It's almost clear that Iran is going to send 66 athletes to Tokyo. from this list of 63 you have to remove Bahman Askari unfortunately but add Sorayya Aghaei (Badminton), Farzaneh Fasihi (Athletics) and Mehrshad Afghari (Swimming). another one will be added Mehdi Pirjahan (Athletics)

of course some of them are not official yet. our Karate federation is desperately trying to save Askari but they already know they have no chance. it seems he proved he didn't take it intentionally but still that will only reduce his ban, won't save him for the Olympics.

that guy in swimming also reached the OST mark which I believe is not enough to guarantee you a spot in the Olympics but since Iran has no other swimmer I believe he is safe to go.

if nothing happens Iran will have 53 male and 10 female athletes in Tokyo. so this will be the biggest number of women for Iran at the Olympics.

took a look at the history

1948-1960: None

1964 (4): Athletics 3, Gymnastics 1

1968-1972: None

1976 (4): Fencing 4

1980-1992: None

1996 (1): Shooting 1

2000 (1): Shooting 1

2004 (1): Shooting 1

2008 (3): Archery 1, Rowing 1, Taekwondo 1

2012 (8): Archery 1, Athletics 1, Canoeing 1, Rowing 1, Shooting 2, Table Tennis 1, Taekwondo 1

2016 (9): Archery 1, Athletics 1, Rowing 1, Shooting 4, Table Tennis 1, Taekwondo 1

2020 (10): Athletics 1, Badminton 1, Karate 2, Rowing 1, Shooting 4, Taekwondo 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, iran2016 said:

سلام

جایی رو میشناسین بشه مسابقات رویینگ رو زنده تماشا کرد؟

ظاهرا خود شبکه ورزش نشون داده

یه لینکی هم تو پیام خصوصی میفرستم اونم ظاهرا بد نیست

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

ظاهرا خود شبکه ورزش نشون داده

یه لینکی هم تو پیام خصوصی میفرستم اونم ظاهرا بد نیست

آره شبکه ورزش با تاخیر زیاد پخش میکرد

شبکه سه هم فقط دو سه تا مسابقه رو نشون داد

خیلی ممنون

• 3 weeks later...

:offtopic::offtopic:

As one of the most active National Threads on Totallympics, I would like to inform you that if you are interested I could create a sub-domain only for Iranian sport fans, named like iran.totallympics.com (and where instead of iran we can put any word you prefer), with the same structure of Totallympics (sections, threads etc.)and in your own language.

You can find more info in this thread. Let me know if you are interested :)

• 7 months later...

Today is 1/1/1 in Iranian calendar. (1/1/1401 to be accurate) these last 5 years were extremely tough, lots of lives lost.

hopefully the new year and the new century brings good things to the country first and our sport second. it was hard/impossible to improve in anything considering the situation, but still last year was OKish in term of sports results, specially the Olympics. hopefully this year will be better with Asian Games and some other important events.