website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2019

Totallympics

Acum 2 minute, heywoodu a spus:

Yes, absolutely, but I would hate seeing him in such a dominant car. I think I've said before, I can't understand how Hamilton fans are happy with his titles and wins:

1) if Hamilton wins it's normal, only a few wins are actually special

2) if Hamilton doesn't win it's a disappointment

Result: for a Hamilton fan a race can either be normal or disappointing, not awesome (again, with a rare exception now and then)

I would hate watching it like that, for me the most fun times of following Verstappen were when he was at Toro Rosso and we'd be all excited when he got to a top-6 or something, and of course his very first Red Bull race immediately being a win (not a 2nd place first or something, no, b00m, win).

Yeah, for most of the Hamilton's fans it is right wath you say. For me is not a disappointment that he finish 10th or 2nd, as long he is achieve points and is 1st in overall ranking. That's how I see the things being his fan:yes

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

Yeah, for most of the Hamilton's fans it is right wath you say. For me is not a disappointment that he finish 10th or 2nd, as long he is achieve points and is 1st in overall ranking. That's how I see the things being his fan:yes

I still can't understand young me (2007-2008) was a fan of Hamilton, even going so far as to buy a t-shirt of him, which I remember wearing in the Brazilian GP where Massa was world champion for 7 seconds :p 

For me he kinda went the opposite way of Alonso: I hated Alonso in that time (and mostly a few years earlier in his Renault years), but where Hamilton went to my most hated driver due to being such an over-the-top celebrity focused mostly on his hair and earrings and fashion and style instead of simply a driver, Alonso went to arguably my favourite one in recent years due to just being cool :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, Albon vs Kvyat was one of the nicer battles I've seen this year, spending half a lap just right next to each other :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Acum 1 minut, heywoodu a spus:

By the way, Albon vs Kvyat was one of the nicer battles I've seen this year, spending half a lap just right next to each other :d 

Yeaaaahhh:wub: Usually we see Haas drivers doing that but for them is another end...most of the time one of them (or both) needs to retire after such a battle:lol:

Just now, vlad said:

Yeaaaahhh:wub: Usually we see Haas drivers doing that but for them is another end...most of the time one of them (or both) needs to retire after such a battle:lol:

Yeah our commentator was saying, right after Kvyat vs Albon, that Haas boss Günther Steiner should make a recording of it and play it to Magnussen and Grosjean over and over and over again :p 

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I still can't understand young me (2007-2008) was a fan of Hamilton, even going so far as to buy a t-shirt of him, which I remember wearing in the Brazilian GP where Massa was world champion for 7 seconds :p 

For me he kinda went the opposite way of Alonso: I hated Alonso in that time (and mostly a few years earlier in his Renault years), but where Hamilton went to my most hated driver due to being such an over-the-top celebrity focused mostly on his hair and earrings and fashion and style instead of simply a driver, Alonso went to arguably my favourite one in recent years due to just being cool :p 

Back in 2006-7 Hamilton was utterly brilliant

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

Back in 2006-7 Hamilton was utterly brilliant

Absolutely! He's still a great driver, don't get me wrong. It's his whole personality (at least the one we see on TV) that makes me go all....'yuck'.

42 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's his whole personality (at least the one we see on TV) that makes me go all....'yuck'.

Really what makes you not like his personality? I think he's one of the most humble down to earth drivers on the grid 

40 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

Really what makes you not like his personality? I think he's one of the most humble down to earth drivers on the grid 

Everything he says is almost literally always the same, PR machine 2.0, and I usually prefer athletes who seem like they're more concerned about their sport than their appearances and getting as much attention as they can.

Plus even after his easiest, most dominant wins, he comes across as if he's just had the fight of his life, just to make it look like he didn't have a car that's 10 times faster.

I believe heywoodu forgot when Red Bull was the most boring-ass team in F1 when they dominated in the blown diffuser era. And I absolutely can't stand Christian Horner at all. As for Gasly, Helmut Marko & co are notorious for their short leash, Gasly might survive the summer break but he basically costs Red Bull a shot at 2nd place in the standings. Ferrari is clearly the third fastest car but Gasly gets lapped by his teammate and can't pass a McLaren. He's living on borrowed time and has been underperforming this season.