website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2019

hckošice

52 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

If domestic abuse is all that matters in sports then the modern society is truly useless. I wonder when will a Nationals player start start to beating up women so this hero nonsense stops? :lol:

Yes, I too openly cheer and hope for the beating of woman because I am a sports fan. ?

I can understand not liking the politics around the game, but there is a line to be crossed. Domestic abuse is a serious problem in professional sports, and comments like these are not helpful. I sincerely hope and choose to believe you really don’t hope that a woman gets beat to “right” a “wrong”. I’ve over reacted before too, and it didn’t make me feel any better. It didn’t make me any better as a person, and it sure as hell didn’t make me a better member of the community.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Wow, congratulations to the Washington Nationals! What a great post-season story, after almost losing in the wildcard games, and tonight's game 7 before getting big hits to put them ahead in all of the deciding games. Also great to see guys like Max Scherzer, Stephen Strasburg, Anthony Rendon and especially Ryan Zimmerman (first ever draft pick of the Nationals) finally getting World Series Rings.

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, I too openly cheer and hope for the beating of woman because I am a sports fan. ?

I can understand not liking the politics around the game, but there is a line to be crossed. Domestic abuse is a serious problem in professional sports, and comments like these are not helpful. I sincerely hope and choose to believe you really don’t hope that a woman gets beat to “right” a “wrong”. I’ve over reacted before too, and it didn’t make me feel any better. It didn’t make me any better as a person, and it sure as hell didn’t make me a better member of the community.

Just four years ago then-Nationals manager made similar comments about Aroldis Chapman to the ones from Astros assistant GM about Osuna this year. And he had to crawl out of them in a hurry. But yeah, the Nats are the heroes and Astros are villains. What a bunch of crap. And I see Chapman is still pitching his ways in MLB so maybe every team that hired him should be a villlain too? Or maybe he's immune to criticism because he's Cuban so any criticism would be classified as racist? That's enough politics in sports for ya? I find it repulsive when political correctness tells people whom they should support in sports but I wonder how that applies to players like Chapman and the 2019 WS where Nationals are the folks' heroes? 

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/12/09/Washington-Nationals-Dusty-Baker-backs-Aroldis-Chapman-domestic-violence-policy/1331449648753/

Just now, Monzanator said:

Just four years ago then-Nationals manager made similar comments about Aroldis Chapman to the ones from Astros assistant GM about Osuna this year. And he had to crawl out of them in a hurry. But yeah, the Nats are the heroes and Astros are villains. What a bunch of crap. And I see Chapman is still pitching his ways in MLB so maybe every team that hired him should be a villlain too? Or maybe he's immune to criticism because he's Cuban so any criticism would be classified as racist? That's enough politics in sports for ya? I find it repulsive when political correctness tells people whom they should support in sports but I wonder how that applies to players like Chapman and the 2019 WS where Nationals are the folks' heroes? 

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/12/09/Washington-Nationals-Dusty-Baker-backs-Aroldis-Chapman-domestic-violence-policy/1331449648753/

To be fair, the minute Nat’s fans booed Trump, this become a political sphere. Every liberal I know was cheering for the Nats, while every conservative was cheering for the Astros. We live in an interesting time. 

I wish you would presented this argument first, instead of your original comment. The point you make here is a very good one. It’s interesting that the Astros painted themselves in a much worse light than the Nationals. I’d also say that refusing to support a team that gloats about sexual abuse to female reporters isn’t political correctness. It’s a defense of principles and of what I stand for. It’s basic human decency.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

To be fair, the minute Nat’s fans booed Trump, this become a political sphere. Every liberal I know was cheering for the Nats, while every conservative was cheering for the Astros. We live in an interesting time. 

I wish you would presented this argument first, instead of your original comment. The point you make here is a very good one. It’s interesting that the Astros painted themselves in a much worse light than the Nationals. I’d also say that refusing to support a team that gloats about sexual abuse to female reporters isn’t political correctness. It’s a defense of principles and of what I stand for. It’s basic human decency.

We live in a time of twitter mob rules and modern society going soft. It's called an entitlement era. It's anything but interesting.

I didn't say about this before because I was naive enough to think that in a baseball thread we'd be talking about baseball not politics. Huh, was I wrong about that one. So much for interesting times we live in. So if Nats are the heroes now how does a domestic abuse in 2015 differ from domestic abuse in 2019? Is that a matter of principles too? So if Osuna is no longer on the Astros will they be allowed to be called heroes again? Because all these liberal bozos sure forgot about Chapman when cheering for the Nats. And it only took them four years to erase the memory. How convenient indeed.

I'll never ever let politics dictate my sporting choices. Politics is pure evil masquerading under principle values. I'm just wating on another domestic/sex scandal that comes out of the Nationals bullpen and I'm very curious how will the liberals act then. Because if they swept the Chapman case under the carpet to fit their liberal purpose they can very much do this again. It's only a matter of time IMO.

Osuna is just 24yo, relief pitchers are floating around the league like crazy. It wouldn't shock me if he ends up on Nationals roster one day within the next 10-12 years :lol:

"Let's open the MLB thread now that I saw the game 7 highlights"

First thing: Trump, liberals, conservatives :facepalm: 

Fuck me

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

"Let's open the MLB thread now that I saw the game 7 highlights"

First thing: Trump, liberals, conservatives :facepalm: 

Fuck me

I know it's pathetic. I was foolish enough to think this thread is about baseball but what I learned is liberals cheer for Nationals and Astros are the villains. America is a sad, sad place indeed.

I cheered for the Nationals mostly because underdog and for the Astros a little in game 7 because the away team winning something big like this always makes for a bit of a sad atmosphere, that's boring :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Nationals had the worst bullpen in the regular season yet still won WS. If anyone cares to look above the politics bullshit that's pretty much against the Moneyball numbers that have taken over baseball in the last 10 years. Scherzer missing G5 actually worked in their favor as Verlander has had a bad post-season all-around for the Astros. He lost the potential clincher vs Dodgers two years ago as well but Astros won it despite that. No such luck this time.