website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Like Eide, you mean?

https://video.eurosport.co.uk/cross-country-skiing/she-s-with-me-every-day-bronze-medallist-mari-eide-pays-tribute-to-support-after-death-of-sister_vid1165901/video.shtml

"I kept fighting and I was lucky" followed by "I kept fighting until the end" and "I was lucky".

But you said it was down to mentality, for me it was all down to luck... twice ;) Won't lose any sleep over this, she probably won't win another individual medal and thankfully she didn't win gold.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

But you said it was down to mentality, for me it was all down to luck... twice ;) Won't lose any sleep over this, she probably won't win another individual medal and thankfully she didn't win gold.

Someone with a worse mentality would have been way too far behind to have any chance of catching up with the Swedes even when they fell, so yeah, quite a significant part was down to mentality ;) (and the other part was luck, as she said herself)

Besides, she has probably shown the toughest mentality of everyone in the past half year or so.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Whatever, cheering for Norway in cross country is a joke. 

Ah great, the "We should cheer or not cheer for athletes based on the flag behind their name" brigade :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Greatest swedish ladies team ever in to a world championship. 3 women in the final of the sprint but Stina Nilsson, not as good as earlier this season due to her injury that made her almost miss the championships, and the Dahlqvist/Sundling incident.

And now Ebba Andersson is sick and will not start in the Skiathlon, and I am afraid she will not be in top shape in the next races either...:cry:

Here we go, the Big Therese Johaug Show.