website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

This was a terrible competition . The conditions decided the competition sadly . I'm happy for Kubacki , but it's not right to be on 27th after first round and take gold that's not supposed to happen especially not in a world championship . 

Ryoyu leading after first round and ending on 14th , a shame. 

I think everyone knows that the main goal for the jury in the 2nd round was to stop Germany and Kobayashi from winning another medal. Fans in Austria already seem to have lost a lot of interest in ski jumping and the way the polish guys have performed recently, polish fans would have been next. This outcome keeps the interest alive and that's more important than having a fair competition. In the end i don't think it will help much, the austrian team is already pretty much dead and Poland also has no new talents, so FIS is only putting off the inevitable.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minut temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

I think everyone knows that the main goal for the jury in the 2nd round was to stop Germany and Kobayashi from winning another medal. Fans in Austria already seem to have lost a lot of interest in ski jumping and the way the polish guys have performed recently, polish fans would have been next. This outcome keeps the interest alive and that's more important than having a fair competition. In the end i don't think it will help much, the austrian team is already pretty much dead and Poland also has no new talents, so FIS is only putting off the inevitable.

And I thought that fans of sporting concpiracy theories are live only in Poland.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

This result might keep the interest alive in Poland , but it damages the sport as a whole . A WC where 27th after 1 round wins is not good for the sport . 

This was a scandal no matter what. 

If there was an Austrian in Top 5 after 1st round I think they would have delayed the event and tried to clean the tracks like they did before Johansson's jump in the first round. But there was no point in helping Geiger & Peier ;)  And Kraft protected his bronze medal too.

1 hour ago, Col_Frost said:

Never seen so strange WCh competition. Never. I'm happy for Dawid and Kamil but this competition should be rescheduled for Sunday.

Large hill 2009 was kinda similar. There were completely differing conditions leading to Küttel leading after the first round and iirc a generally weird podium, then during the 2nd round it started to snow, for a short time it looked like Morgenstern could profit from that just like Kubacki today but with only a few athletes to go the 2nd round was cancelled and Küttel became champion after being nowhere for the whole season

32 minuty temu, Gigs napisał:

Large hill 2009 was kinda similar. There were completely differing conditions leading to Küttel leading after the first round and iirc a generally weird podium, then during the 2nd round it started to snow, for a short time it looked like Morgenstern could profit from that just like Kubacki today but with only a few athletes to go the 2nd round was cancelled and Küttel became champion after being nowhere for the whole season

Yes, I remember that. I also remember 2005 and gold for Benkovic but in my opinion todays competition was far more ridiculous then this two examples ;) 

1 minute ago, Col_Frost said:

Yes, I remember that. I also remember 2005 and gold for Benkovic but in my opinion todays competition was far more ridiculous then this two examples ;) 

Was there bad conditions in 2005 aswell or did Benkovic just have a good day ? It's so long I don't remember. 

9 minut temu, Skijumpingmaster napisał:

Was there bad conditions in 2005 aswell or did Benkovic just have a good day ? It's so long I don't remember. 

Bit of both, I guess. He had very good conditions in first jump, but same as Romoeren and Vassiliev, who jumped right after him. In turn best ones (BIBs 40-50) couldn't count on wind and classification after first round was full of suprises. I remember that in second Malysz advanced ten posistions and Loitzl even more. In second round Benkovic jumped not so well (13th result) but it was enough to defend first place. Of course it's nothing compare with todays competition ;)