website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

And on a sidenote, a drunk Harri Olli is just Harri Olli :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

Based on today's result Germany would win the team competition in front of Austria and Norway . I think Germany wins tomorrow with Austria , Poland and Norway fighting over the rest . 

Poland will field Stefan Hula instead of Wolny. Given Zyla's struggles today I'll be shocked if we get onto the podium. Sounds like 1.Germany, 2.Norway, 3.Austria IMO.

:GERMarkus Eisenbichler is the 7th individual World Champion who hasn't won a single World Cup event before winning the WC gold.

The other 6:

:AUT Heinz Kuttin (1991 NH)

:NOR Espen Bredesen (1993 LH)

:JPN Takanobu Okabe (1995 NH)

:NOR Tommy Ingebrigtsen (1995 LH)

:SLO Rok Benkovic (2005 NH)

:NOR Rune Velta (2015 NH)

Ingebrigtsen, Benkovic & Velta never won a World Cup event and Benkovic didn't even finish on the podium once.

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:GERMarkus Eisenbichler is the 7th individual World Champion who hasn't won a single World Cup event before winning the WC gold.

The other 6:

:AUT Heinz Kuttin (1991 NH)

:NOR Espen Bredesen (1993 LH)

:JPN Takanobu Okabe (1995 NH)

:NOR Tommy Ingebrigtsen (1995 LH)

:SLO Rok Benkovic (2005 NH)

:NOR Rune Velta (2015 NH)

Ingebrigtsen, Benkovic & Velta never won a World Cup event and Benkovic didn't even finish on the podium once.

I hope and think Eisenbichler takes a WC victory soon. 

I remember Velta retired one year after the gold medal. 

On 23/02/2019 at 16:32, heywoodu said:

And Ammann's comment :d 

"I just realized he started jumping because of me when he was young, and I felt a bit guilty when he didn't really make that next step...and now he does this!" :d 

Incredible story! :yes

Simon was such an important factor not only for him but for almost every jumper in the circuit. They all must have watched him winning gold in 2002,and now they are competing against him. One of the last Mohicans... Even though i prefered Malycz over him,i will be very sad when he retires.

10 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Simon was such an important factor not only for him but for almost every jumper in the circuit. They all must have watched him winning gold in 2002,and now they are competing against him. One of the last Mohicans... Even though i prefered Malycz over him,i will be very sad when he retires.

I remember his triumphs in Salt Lake even if I was quite younger :p, but I always loved this sport, then I remember very well his triumphs in Vancouver...but still if you will say me the name Ammann nowadays, the first thing that will come to my mind is seeing him literally freezing around midnight in PyeongChang´s Normal Hill hoping to finally get the green for his second round jump :lol:

16 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Same here! And to think Ammann is like a rookie compared to also still active Kasai :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!