website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

That Peier's reaction after realising he won 3rd place...thats essence of sport! So glad for him.

And Ammann's comment :d 

"I just realized he started jumping because of me when he was young, and I felt a bit guilty when he didn't really make that next step...and now he does this!" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Such a weird podium. A Guy without a world cup win wins in front of someone with only 3 podiums and someone with no podiums at all. If the 4th 5th and 6th placed skiers had won gold silver and bronze it certainly would have been less of a surprise

55 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Peier winning a medal here would be the biggest shocker since Koboyashi winning the 4-hills tournament.

Kobayashi winning 4 hills wasn't a shock given his 11 totals wins this season. Diethart winning 4 Hills was a shock.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And who will replace him in the team competition?

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Kobayashi winning 4 hills wasn't a shock given his 11 totals wins this season. Diethart winning 4 Hills was a shock.

Chill.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Kobayashi winning 4 hills wasn't a shock given his 11 totals wins this season. 

No, it was a total shock. Much like Johaug winning the skiathlon, nobody saw it coming. Insane.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

If you can name Ammann's replacement for the team competition I'm all ears ;)

I didn't mean that Ammann should retire before tomorrows team competition . But SUI has a new top jumper in Peier now , that's what I meant with Ammann retiring. 

17 minutes ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

I didn't mean that Ammann should retire before tomorrows team competition . But SUI has a new top jumper in Peier now , that's what I meant with Ammann retiring. 

It's about him retiring even after the season. People keep forgetting there's a team competition as well even if SUI only fights for Top 8 at best.