website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

I have news about the Commonwealth Games,

Judo Canada is 100% confirmed, it will be a team formed by Judoka who will not be selected for the World Championships, the World Championships are held at the same time as the CG (Great ...)

Athletics Canada, it's the same story, the world championships and the CG are too close.

Swimming Canada, will probably send an mix of A and B team.

Gymnastics Canada, as usual the B team at CG, and the A team at the World Championships 

23 minutes ago, seb851 said:

I have news about the Commonwealth Games,

Judo Canada is 100% confirmed, it will be a team formed by Judoka who will not be selected for the World Championships, the World Championships are held at the same time as the CG (Great ...)

Athletics Canada, it's the same story, the world championships and the CG are too close.

Swimming Canada, will probably send an mix of A and B team.

Gymnastics Canada, as usual the B team at CG, and the A team at the World Championships 

As usual for gymnastics? The A team was sent in 2014 and 2018

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

As usual for gymnastics? The A team was sent in 2014 and 2018

You are right, it is only in 2010 that we had sent the B team ..., And for 2022, it is the A team that will be sent 

Judo Canada reactivates the Judo Canada Membership validation tool. I doubt this is reliable information if a Judoka still competes in IJF WT. Example judoka like Kelita says, membership is active for the 2022 season, she retired this year. 

Judoka like Antoine Bouchard, CBP and Kelly Deguchi find not membership...

Link for this tool:  Judo Canada member identification tool – Judo Canada

You need only First / Last Name, and Date of birth for lookup.

11 hours ago, canadamion said:

Judo Canada reactivates the Judo Canada Membership validation tool. I doubt this is reliable information if a Judoka still competes in IJF WT. Example judoka like Kelita says, membership is active for the 2022 season, she retired this year. 

Judoka like Antoine Bouchard, CBP and Kelly Deguchi find not membership...

Link for this tool:  Judo Canada member identification tool – Judo Canada

You need only First / Last Name, and Date of birth for lookup.

I did some searches with this tool. I guess that it's a coach's membership, not an athlete membership. 

And it would explain why there are Antoine Valois-Fortier & Jessica Klimkait want to become national team coaches after judo career, same for Kelita Zupancic.

But Christa Deguchi is listed in this database.

Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid and Alex Pietrangelo have been provisionally named to the Canadian Olympic team (IIHF requested three players be named early, apparently). The 50 man shortlist is due later in October.

The Canada preliminary for Baku Grand Slam is out, again a lot of judokas have not participated in Tokyo OG, but Sandy El Nahas participates. Again not Christa, and also just one woman is register..

After losing to the United States and to Chile, the Canadian fails to qualify for the men's rugby world cup for the first time ever.

Hopefully this is the catalyst for everyone who works for Rugby Canada to lose their jobs.