website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

4 minutes ago, james89 said:

i'm confused where this sentiment that Short Track is in a rebuilding phase - sure Girard's retirement was unexpected, but are we expecting Kim Boutin to be totally off form when she comes back? The first Canadian selection for the Olympic team is happening this week so we should have some early indicators. True it is more competitive than a number of years ago but I still think the Canadian team is in the mix for 4-6 medals. 

Results from the world championships. I think it's safe to say the worst performance ever.

12 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Canadian's alpine skiing has completely tailed off in the recent decade. Makes U wonder if all the skiing hopefuls target freestyle events straight away. I'd assume women's moguls would be in better shape but guess there is no replacing the Dufour-Lapointe clan? Whatever happened to Andi Naude though?

She retired to study veterinary science iirc.

2 hours ago, seb851 said:

At least they didn't make the same mistake then Montreal Velodrom which was converted into a biodome...

Tabarnak !!! 

It's a really great biodome, at least. And it isn't a white elephant, unlike it's next door neighbour.

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

She retired to study veterinary science iirc.

Sheesh. That's so 1960s/70s BS. Don't tell me she can't make more money being an elite moguls athlete. The sport itself isn't exactly loaded with new talent every season so she could have been a Top 10 athlete and medal contender for many years. Very strange.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Sheesh. That's so 1960s/70s BS. Don't tell me she can't make more money being an elite moguls athlete. The sport itself isn't exactly loaded with new talent every season so she could have been a Top 10 athlete and medal contender for many years. Very strange.

I don't think it had anything to do with money. She found her calling in life and decided to pursue it.... ofc it might seem weird to us but to her it was the right decision. 

15 hours ago, intoronto said:

I don't think it had anything to do with money. She found her calling in life and decided to pursue it.... ofc it might seem weird to us but to her it was the right decision. 

Same think with Samuel Girard in short track ... is same reason as Andi Naude loss of interest in their sport.

Also the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is very good legacy from Panam, since 2015 this installation is great deal for Swimming Canada. 

I have more information for Commonwealth Game Team, 

Swimming is ''B'' Team this years, because World Championship + ISL 2022 Season 
Track and Field is also ''B'' Team, because de World Championship is held 1 week before

Judo Team, is not confirmed is will depend on the IJF World Tours 2022 season calendar, because the 2024 OG Qualification start in may 2022
Diving is propably is propably Next Gen Team for preparation of 2023 World Championship 

All federation is not use commonwealth game result for nomination team for 2022-23 season.

18 minutes ago, seb851 said:

Also the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is very good legacy from Panam, since 2015 this installation is great deal for Swimming Canada. 

I have more information for Commonwealth Game Team, 

Swimming is ''B'' Team this years, because World Championship + ISL 2022 Season 
Track and Field is also ''B'' Team, because de World Championship is held 1 week before

Judo Team, is not confirmed is will depend on the IJF World Tours 2022 season calendar, because the 2024 OG Qualification start in may 2022
Diving is propably is propably Next Gen Team for preparation of 2023 World Championship 

All federation is not use commonwealth game result for nomination team for 2022-23 season.

Looks like less than 10 gold for sure. Never understood why the A team cant do both

For swimming it gives another chance of facing the Australians... its just short sighted imo.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Looks like less than 10 gold for sure. Never understood why the A team cant do both

For swimming it gives another chance of facing the Australians... its just short sighted imo.

I don’t think the A team is super interested because they have worlds two months before.

If worlds weren’t delayed a year you’d very likely see the A team go.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

I don’t think the A team is super interested because they have worlds two months before.

If worlds weren’t delayed a year you’d very likely see the A team go.

For sure. But I bet you Australia and the British A swimmers will all show up. It's definitely possible... there is nothing that can beat race experience