website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

4 minutes ago, George_D said:

Can members like me be in that subforum of Canada? 

The forum will be public, so everyone can join. Of course I am talking about Canadian users because they will be the more interested :d But yes everyone can join. And what about the greek forum ? :d

Amazing SOG for Canada.  There were disappointments, as there always are.  But there were also triumphs and unexpected surprises.  The women getting gold in soccer will be forever stamped onto Canadian sports history.  

I was occupied right at the end of the Games, having to cut my summer vacation short to return to Beijing as there is a covid outbreak in this country now and things have returned to high level (well, officially "medium" but it would be considered high level for others.  We're not getting locked into our apartments yet).  

I delayed going through security in the airport on my way back to watch Mitchell win her gold on my phone.  I watched the rowing pair get bronze at the feet of the largest stone Buddha in the world.  The women beat the US while I sunbathed by the pool in a rainforest environment.  I witnessed Maggie MacNeil get her gold in front of pandas at a breeding house.  China has problems, very serious problems, but it's a beautiful country.  

CBC had excellent coverage as usual.  Our athletes performed at unprecedented levels.  

Can't wait for Beijing 2022!  I'm here waiting!  Screw you covid, we better be able to go to the events.  That's a big reason why I took this job.  Countdown is on!  I'm so hyped right now!  

Who here is finding themselves rewatch various medals by Canada?  Upon my return to Beijing I moved into a new apartment with a giant smart TV so I broadcast all the medals all the time from CBC's site these past few days.  I can't believe I missed W8's gold, I knew they were doing great (look up my posts about them in the heats).  I was supposed to watch on a train, but there were complications about getting into the station and the covid outbreak I mentioned.  It drained my phone, my time and my patience, so read about it hours later.  I've enjoyed it several times on my new TV now.  

Looks like GB's 4x100 relay team will be DQed due to one of their runners doping.  This will move Canada up from bronze to silver!  

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/58193101

Honestly, not the team I thought we'd see doping from the sprints, but there's still time I guess.  

On 8/13/2021 at 2:32 AM, orangeman said:

Looks like GB's 4x100 relay team will be DQed due to one of their runners doping.  This will move Canada up from bronze to silver!  

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/58193101

Honestly, not the team I thought we'd see doping from the sprints, but there's still time I guess.  

Yes I saw this news.  When are we gonna know if they are disqualified or not?

Canada can only enter a max of 130 athletes (minus para sport) across these sports at Birmingham 2022:

Athletics, Aquatics, Badminton, Boxing, Cycling, Gymnastics, Judo, Lawn Bowls, Squash, Triathlon, Wrestling

These sports are open qualification:

(3x3 Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Hockey, Netball, Rugby Sevens, Table Tennis, Weightlifting, Women’s Cricket, and all para events).

For 2018 these were the total of the above sports

Athletics: 36

Aquatics (including diving): 42

Badminton: 8

Boxing: 7

Cycling: 18

Gymnastics: 13

Judo: NA

Lawn Bowls: 10

Squash: 2

Triathlon: 6

Wrestling: 12

=154 (excluding judo), so that means for 2022, the team must cut 24 quotas from the above sports. Insane, there is literally no where cuts make sense, not sure how they will do it