website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

2 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Essentially tied for 4th.  I could see that Woods was in a bad spot when the sprint started, boxed in.  Too bad, I thought he was pulling away for the silver when they entered the stadium.  Like I said, there's still the time trial.  

Woods is not doing the Time trial... only Houle is

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Essentially tied for 4th.  I could see that Woods was in a bad spot when the sprint started, boxed in.  Too bad, I thought he was pulling away for the silver when they entered the stadium.  Like I said, there's still the time trial.  

Is Woods in the Time Trial? I didn't think he was entered in that.

I agree - it really looked like he was getting boxed in as they entered the last few meters. 

2 minutes ago, Canada4thewin said:

I was wondering why she haven’t showed up.  Hopefully she will be ok for the next races.

There's some more info here - https://swimswam.com/sydney-pickrem-skips-400-im-prelim-due-to-non-covid-medical-reasons/

It looks like it was likely just a withdrawal so she can focus on her other events. 

47 minutes ago, james89 said:

There's some more info here - https://swimswam.com/sydney-pickrem-skips-400-im-prelim-due-to-non-covid-medical-reasons/

It looks like it was likely just a withdrawal so she can focus on her other events. 

Thank you, I am relieved :)

The way I see it, whichever team wins the Japan/Canada game tomorrow will play for gold.  No disrespect to Italy, but they haven't even scored a run in 3 games so I assume Canada will beat them.  If CAN wins and USA beats Japan then it'll be USA vs CAN for gold.  If Japan pulls it off, all three will have 4-1 records while beating each other.  It really seems like the USA would finish 3rd on runs for the tie breaker.  

As for the soccer girls, I've been unimpressed thus far.  They definitely have individuals that look good but it seems like their system is letting them down.  Way too hesitant, always looking to pass back instead of striking, trying to hold a lead instead of continuing to play hard.  Actually reminds me of my Habs, during the regular season anyway.  But look at what happened in the playoffs.  Hopefully the ladies can figure it out like that.  

The road race still stings a bit because Woods was looking so good, breaking away twice.  That whole following group was annoying me, it looked like no one wanted to win.  Even at the end, they were all looking at each other for permission to sprint.  Like, you're 200m away from the finish.  I get strategy, but just go if you can.