website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

1 minute ago, james89 said:

Do you think Canada may name more PGS athletes later? I wonder if they prepared the press release and forgot to edit it or something because to only send 2 athletes when we could send 7 seems wrong. 

Lol this what I think happened too

2 hours ago, james89 said:

Do you think Canada may name more PGS athletes later? I wonder if they prepared the press release and forgot to edit it or something because to only send 2 athletes when we could send 7 seems wrong. 

Just confirmed with SC that this is the final team and only 2 were selected based on selection criteria. So they pulled a Netherlands.

But this doesn't explain why they accepted an additional women's quota knowing no one would be able to meet it. Bizarre if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Just confirmed with SC that this is the final team and only 2 were selected based on selection criteria. So they pulled a Netherlands.

But this doesn't explain why they accepted an additional women's quota knowing no one would be able to meet it. Bizarre if you ask me.

Weird - we don't normally see this from Canada. Accepting the quota is just strange.

15 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I think we've rejected more quotas than the Netherlands this cycle :lol:. Does anyone know if we'll end up returning them or if they'll just become wasted quotas?

Women's half pipe

5! In pgs

Two women in alpine skiing

And if we are counting the freestyle quotas... we have a small team lol

Are we guessing who will be the Opening Ceremonies flag bearer yet?  It should be announced pretty soon.  

My guess is Justin Kripps.  Defending gold medalist, strong medal contender in two events in Beijing and doesn't compete until later in the schedule.  

What are your picks?

26 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Are we guessing who will be the Opening Ceremonies flag bearer yet?  It should be announced pretty soon.  

My guess is Justin Kripps.  Defending gold medalist, strong medal contender in two events in Beijing and doesn't compete until later in the schedule.  

What are your picks?

Due to covid I don't think he will be there.

My guess would be Kaitlyn Lawes and one of the men's hockey players