website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

2 Judoka change weight division :

Kelly Deguchi drop from 57kg to 52kg (Good choice, because Klimkait and Crista Deguchi is already in 57kg)
Arthur Margelidon up from -73kg to -80kg (the best canadian in -80kg is Atoine V-F)

12 minutes ago, seb851 said:

2 Judoka change weight division :

Kelly Deguchi drop from 57kg to 52kg (Good choice, because Klimkait and Crista Deguchi is already in 57kg)
Arthur Margelidon up from -73kg to -80kg (the best canadian in -80kg is Atoine V-F)

Interesting because third (Gabun) also switched to 81. I guess they want Antoine Bouchard to go for it in the 73

Just now, intoronto said:

Interesting because third (Gabun) also switched to 81. I guess they want Antoine Bouchard to go for it in the 73

Antoine Bouchard it continues until the end of 2022 same for CBP in -63kg

But Canada need 1 judoka in w+70 for team event for Paris 2024

Also Deguchi situation still not answer 

1 hour ago, seb851 said:

Antoine Bouchard it continues until the end of 2022 same for CBP in -63kg

But Canada need 1 judoka in w+70 for team event for Paris 2024

Also Deguchi situation still not answer 

Do they have any juniors in the higher women's weights?

On 8/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, seb851 said:

It's strange, Christa Deguchi not compete Paris Grand Slam, a first sign that she will retire ? She is currently outside the top 10 in WRL, very not good seed for start 2024 Olympics Qualification phase start next years

Is not weird, the manner in which she thanked her fans in June was a farewell and not continue for Paris 2024 ... but her sister stay in Canada Team for now :wacko:

Here is a summary of all our athletes in judo for the team event quotas for 2024

-57 kg (-48 kg, -52 kg, -57 kg) : Kelly Deguchi(-52kg/-57kg), Jessica Klimkait/Christa Deguchi (57kg)

-70 kg (-57 kg, -63 kg, -70 kg) : Jessica Klimkait /Christa Deguchi (57kg), Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard (63kg) (If CBP retires, I hope that Klimkait or Deguchi will climb in the 63kg)

+70 kg (-70 kg, -78 kg, +78 kg) : I hope one of our juniors will be ready in time in this category

-73 kg (-60 kg, -66 kg, -73 kg) : Jacob Valois(66kg), Antoine Bouchard (73kg)

-90 kg (-73 kg, -81 kg, -90 kg) : Antoine Bouchard (73kg) ,Arthur Margelidon (81kg)

+90 kg (-90 kg, -100 kg, +100 kg) : Shady El Nahas/Kyle Reyes (-100kg) 

----------------------------------------

We have confirmation that Ecaterina Guica does not plan to continue until Paris 2024.

Really busy at work these days, but finally had time to tune into the Paralympics, turned on the swimming.  Had the pleasure just now of watching Canadians get 5th, 4th and 4th.  

Maybe it's not the Canadian athletes.  Maybe it's me.  

38 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Really busy at work these days, but finally had time to tune into the Paralympics, turned on the swimming.  Had the pleasure just now of watching Canadians get 5th, 4th and 4th.  

Maybe it's not the Canadian athletes.  Maybe it's me.  

Well, we just won a gold, were you watching that race? :p