website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

33 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

It’s looking more likely to me Canada might boycott the Winter Olympics. Does that feel likely to the Canadians on here? 

Not really. Though if the Conservatives form the next government I definitely expect they won’t send any dignitaries to China for the games.

13 hours ago, NearPup said:

Not really. Though if the Conservatives form the next government I definitely expect they won’t send any dignitaries to China for the games.

How can they even send any athletes after saying they think it would be unsafe. I feel if they win the election a full boycott is likely. 

6 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

How can they even send any athletes after saying they think it would be unsafe. I feel if they win the election a full boycott is likely. 

Won't be the first time, won't be the last time someone said something is unsafe, but still does it. It's all talk.

The Canada Short Track Championships is overs 

Kim Boutin & Steven Dubois Crowned 2021 Canadian Short Track Champions | Speed Skating Canada

Six Skaters Selected to World Cup Racing Pool

The three highest ranked skaters per gender earned an automatic berth on the Special Olympic Qualification Competitions (SOQC) Racing Pool, the group of skaters that will represent Canada on the World Cup circuit this fall.

The remaining three places per gender in the SOQC Racing Pool will be awarded in accordance to the criteria established in the 2022 Short Track Olympic Selection Policies and Procedures, which can be simplified as the following:  

• Maximum of two places can be filled via accepted bye requests from injured skaters
  • Additional places can be filled by the winners of each individual distance (if applicable) OR the fourth ranked skater in the overall rankings
  • The remaining places can be filled by discretionary selections (a maximum of two)

3 Men 

• Steven Dubois 38,000
  • Pascal Dion 34,400
  • Jordan Pierre-Gilles 27,920

3 Women

• Kim Boutin 40,000
  • Courtney Sarault 34,000
  • Florence Brunelle 30,496  

Charle Harmelin is propably get a bye, the rest of teams for World Cup Season/Olympics Pool will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Judo Canada has just registered the first athletes for the October competition, Judo Canada is not participate Zegrab Grand Prix.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS JUNIORS 2021

image.png

PARIS GRAND SLAM 2021

image.png

It's strange, Christa Deguchi not compete Paris Grand Slam, a first sign that she will retire ? She is currently outside the top 10 in WRL, very not good seed for start 2024 Olympics Qualification phase start next years