website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada can only enter a max of 130 athletes (minus para sport) across these sports at Birmingham 2022:

Is there a list per nation anywhere or did you only get Canada's quotas?

Yeah, the athlete quota is very tight at the Commonwealth Games

15 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Is there a list per nation anywhere or did you only get Canada's quotas?

Yeah, the athlete quota is very tight at the Commonwealth Games

I got Canada's directly from the CGA

It is very tight. No clue how they will do it... 

Judo usually sends a B team, so maybe they might not compete in the sport all together.

Id also expect B teams in Athletics and swimming

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Cycling Canada has 14 slots. 

Do we have enough talent to justify a third sprint women? Will the sprint team be three people? I guess at that point the 14th quota probably doesn't have much of a chance at winning a medal (unless they can convince Michael Woods to compete in the road race) so it may go to whoever is having a good season.

9 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Do we have enough talent to justify a third sprint women? Will the sprint team be three people? I guess at that point the 14th quota probably doesn't have much of a chance at winning a medal (unless they can convince Michael Woods to compete in the road race) so it may go to whoever is having a good season.

I think the women's team sprint will be 3 athletes. 

I can't wait to see how Own The Podium will fund the different NSOs summer sport...

The federation that deserves not to keep the same amount of funding

Diving Canada 
Wrestling Canada 
Tennis Canada
Triathlon Canada (This NSO's is very mismanage since Paula Findlay London 2012 Fiasco)
Canoe Kayak Canada 

The federation that deserves  keep the same amount of funding

Gymnastics Canada
Athletics Canada 

Rowing Canada

Cycling Canada

Swimming Canada
Volleyball Canada - (Beach)
Boxe Canada

The federation that deserves  get more amount of funding

Judo Canada
Fencing Canada

2 hours ago, seb851 said:

I can't wait to see how Own The Podium will fund the different NSOs summer sport...

OTP also takes into account athletes with potential so while diving had a poor Olympics, they're still one of the strongest teams for Canada, especially now that the men are on an upswing. They may suffer cuts because they were getting a lot of money for a relatively small team, but I don't see it being a whole lot.

Tennis is an interesting sport where most of the money goes to training young players rather than going to our top players. Golf is sort of in the same boat. OTP's mission is to increase the medal count at the Olympics so in that way I can see those sports receiving less funding, but if they want to encourage/inspire people to take up sport, I can see why they may keep the funding.