website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

I am pretty dang sure that if we were offered seven gold medals coming in every single one of us would have taken it without a second thought. Best Canadian performance at the summer games ever, excluding the heavily asterisked 1984 games.

15 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I am pretty dang sure that if we were offered seven gold medals coming in every single one of us would have taken it without a second thought. Best Canadian performance at the summer games ever, excluding the heavily asterisked 1984 games.

7 gold is truly unexpected - I think the middle week of the countless 4th place performances that ended with the terrible morning of the two back to back beach volleyball losses really dampened the mood. However, this is a fantastic result for Canadians and there's lots of young performers up and coming. It showed the continued legacy for swimming and athletics, rebuilding of the rowing program (slowly) and real young talent in many sports track cycling, diving, judo among others.

Looking forward to the Paralympics and 2022 Winter Olympics just around the corner. 

:offtopic::offtopic:

As one of the most active National Threads on Totallympics, I would like to inform you that if you are interested I could create a sub-domain only for Canadian sport fans, named like canada.totallympics.com (and where instead of canada we can put any word you prefer), with the same structure of Totallympics (sections, threads etc.).

You can find more info in this thread. Let me know if you are interested :)