website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Just now, NearPup said:

Labbé is the tournament MVP for Canada, easily.

Sinclair was almost a non-factor this tournament, but after carrying so many mediocre Canadian teams it's just so good to finally seeing a team carry her.

I'm not a big fan of such carrying. When you're too old, you're too old. I can only assume the depth of women's football in Canada doesn't allow you to ditch Sinclair? USA has the same problem, Rapinoe & Lloyd are too old anymore and 3rd place for USA must be considered a huge failure for them.

Sinclair made a generation of Canadians believe they could win gold.  That generation just FUCKING WON GOLD!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

I cannot believe it! HOLY SHIT! 

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm not a big fan of such carrying. When you're too old, you're too old. I can only assume the depth of women's football in Canada doesn't allow you to ditch Sinclair? USA has the same problem, Rapinoe & Lloyd are too old anymore and 3rd place for USA must be considered a huge failure for them.

It's hard to really figure out how fit she was tbh. The entire Canadian offence was terrible all tournament.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

It's hard to really figure out how fit she was tbh. The entire Canadian offence was terrible all tournament.

Yes, this is basically how Greece won Euros 2004. Play defense, ugly stuff up front and hope for 1-0 wins thru set pieces. It works once every decade for someone. It's gonna be hard for your women to win anything again if Labee remains the best player on the team.

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I think it's having respect for the greatest goal scorer of all time. Imagine the headlines if they left Sinclair off the team?

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think it's having respect for the greatest goal scorer of all time. Imagine the headlines if they left Sinclair off the team?

Sinclair is 38 years old. She'll have to be left off the team one day :p

Brazil keeps fielding Formiga and they haven't won anything in women's football for decades.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Sinclair is 38 years old. She'll have to be left off the team one day :p

Brazil keeps fielding Formiga and they haven't won anything in women's football for decades.

Sinclair is likely retiring after this. She accomplished the title she was missing