website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

Canada National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020

18 minutes ago, james89 said:

I love that you compiled this!

It's certainly an interesting experiment to do it points wise - I'm sure if you did it by event it would look different, Cycling for example you have it at 9 points which would equal 3 medals, which I would say is too high.

There are definitely places where we diverge. I do think you are giving Archery one point for the whole sport you need to include one point for Sailing. Men's diving as well I would give 1 point between the 10m Syncrho and 10m Individual. 

Judo - I think Klimkait both as the recent World Champion and as the number 1 seed needs to have at least 2 points in the system. I would also give Valois-Fortier 1 point despite not being seeded.

Rowing is an interesting case, at the last World Championships we got one bronze and 2 4th place finishes, but the the team strategically chose crews to send to the last chance qualifier and performed well. I'm curious if they have something going on. 

Finally - I think this weekend we will see where are Swimmers are at, the relays are most definitely all in play (i'm not quite ready to call the medley 3 points). I'm assuming you missed the 200m Breaststroke. 

For cycling: Women's team pursuit (which I think will struggle to medal, but has a chance) + a women's sprint medal is not out of the realm of possibility. Out of all the other events another medal might be a reach but is definitely possible.

Rowing is hard to gauge which is why I grouped all the events by gender. 

As for the 200m breaststroke, my list was supposed to say 200 for Kelsey Wog not 100. Apparently she has been hitting 2:20 in training. If she can do well in the 100m as well, Canada should be a shoe in for a medal in the medly. Wog (breast), MacNeil (butterfly), Masse (back), Ruck or Oleksiak (free).

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my medal predictions, 3 points = almost certain to medal, 2= some to good chances, 1= low outside chance. If event is not listed, I do not think they will medal.    Archery (1 point)

Tennis update   Looks like we will have 4 men in the singles competition! Raonic, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime and Pospisil; Two in the women's singles: Andreescu and Fernandez D

And there was other Pan American boats in the race that they could have given it too as well. Bizarre they just gave it to non Pan American countries.   Here is a link (in French) https://ic

Posted Images